Sep 30, 2020
Bangor, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1780 Spanish Colonial_Front.jpg 1780 Spanish Colonial_Back.jpg

These images loaded sideways, I'll figure this out eventually. I found this hunting an old semi-pro baseball field site that was popular in the 20's and 30's. I was NOT expecting to find this!! I found this with my ACE400 before I upgraded to the ATPro. When I dug it I thought it was a punch-out from an electrical junction box and just threw it in my pouch and moved on. With a little water on it once I got home I could make out the coat of arms and got a little excited. This is why we do what what we do.

Upvote 10

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's one of the things that I'm currently wanting to find the most! It's so cool when you find totally unexpected things like that!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to t-net...congrats on an outstanding find !!

OP
OP
S

SlateBeltDigger

Sep 30, 2020
Bangor, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Noah D
Hellz yes!! I went back there almost every day for a week after this lol. That same day I found an undated buffalo nickel and a 1918 wheatie. After doing more research I realized I was hunting heavy in what used to be center field, and where the actual spectators would park and stand to watch the games was now heavily overgrown. Once the high grass falls in another month I'll hit this spot again and let you know what I find. Other than these coins I mentioned I've only ever found old fence wire and old iron junk.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a pleasant surprise!!!
Welcome to TNet! :hello:

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Noah D
Hellz yes!! I went back there almost every day for a week after this lol. That same day I found an undated buffalo nickel and a 1918 wheatie. After doing more research I realized I was hunting heavy in what used to be center field, and where the actual spectators would park and stand to watch the games was now heavily overgrown. Once the high grass falls in another month I'll hit this spot again and let you know what I find. Other than these coins I mentioned I've only ever found old fence wire and old iron junk.
Nice! Good luck! Did you check any of the old maps to see if there was an old homesite or anything on the property?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions