Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was doing some swinging today on a road around some old cellar holes where I got the 1741 half real. Digging was so hard in the hard packed gravel. managed to pull this bad boy out! To me it appears to be the large head variety of an 1786 CT copper due to several areas of detail that are left (head band, lack of slanted forehead to nose). Of course the KG3 is very similar I believe some details are more fitting the CT. Let me know what you guys think?
IMG_20160915_175325.jpg
IMG_20160915_185815.jpg
IMG_20160915_190646.jpg
IMG_20160915_192030.jpg
ha70.jpg
King George iii

Upvote 16
Freakin awesome old old coins I would love to have one in my display case Great job!!!Thanks for sharing it

That's a beauty ! I'm no expert but I think you're correct with the identification. I look forward to those colonial coin experts chiming in. Congrats and HH

Don't forget to check against a KG3 2nd head. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473990301.839831.jpg

I don't have quite as keen an eye as some members , but I'm on the fence. Nice copper either way. Colonial is always winner

I believe it's a KG 111 looks like GEORGIVS to the left of the bust

thanks guys

Don't forget to check against a KG3 2nd head. View attachment 1359447

I don't have quite as keen an eye as some members , but I'm on the fence. Nice copper either way. Colonial is always winner

Seams to have the same slated forehead to me that doesn't quit match up.

That is freakin phenomenal. Congratulations!

Beauty! Glad you are able to identify it!

Seams to have the same slated forehead to me that doesn't quit match up.

I wasn't suggesting a match, I simply wanted to aid you in fully researching possible matches. My personal opinion it's a CT.

Congrats again, that's a nice variety. I found a 1786 CT a month ago that was a tough one too.

Hi, congrats! Looks identical to the one we found about a couple weeks ago, but I think folks were calling it a George I halfpenny (my memory is terrible, tho, so forgive me if I'm wrong). Great find! --Lisa & John

Look at the bottom of the shield. It is a KG III.

Is there a variety of the kgiii I'm not aware about that doesn't have the straight diagonal slant of the forehead to nose?

No matter what, that's a nice old copper

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back