Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a great day of hunting at the Fields Of Legend today. It is still producing meager finds but great stuff. I took my time working areas that were hit hard already with my DFX running as hot as I could get it, without it going haywire. Smalls were coming infrequently but deep. A high signal in a very tight spot stopped me in my tracks, it was deeper then I thought, out of the second shovel this thicker than normal coin pops out. At first I couldn’t see any of the detail on it. I put it in a protective sleeve and worked my way over to Tombac who was hunting with me. He had just finished finding a large cent, I pulled the coin out that had dried somewhat showing it to him, I could of swore I was looking at flowing hair but wasn’t sure. I broke out my loop and literally fell over, holy crappola!!! It was the coveted 1793 Flowing Hair large cent, Wreath with Vine and Bars. I turned it over and could barely see the wreath. The quality of most of the copper coins coming from these fields was bad to worse, for any detail to be left on any coin this was the one the field gods spared from frying completely. What a great hobby… 9 buttons,one a blowhole, watch winder and a very odd clog clasp and smalls.

Attachments

• 1793 Flowing.JPG
    1793 Flowing.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 500
  • Dug Flowing.jpg
    Dug Flowing.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 436
  • 1793 Reverse Flowing.JPG
    1793 Reverse Flowing.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 476
  • 4 24 2013.JPG
    4 24 2013.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 450
  • 4 24 2013. 1JPG.jpg
    4 24 2013. 1JPG.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Upvote 15

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Arty , searched " 1793 large cent " and found this tread , should have been a Banner Find :icon_scratch: very few votes and little to no support :icon_scratch: probably too late to fix this over sight :dontknow: worth a try ..,, bump it up and see what happens .
Vote for Arty 's flowing hair LC

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find. I just found my own, same one with the wreath and vine/bars and everything. Seems there's more in the dirt than on the market lol :D HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread