What's new

✅ SOLVED 1794 .. British I guess? Can you help identify?

Mud Hut

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2014
Messages
7,918
Reaction score
6,080
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda toasted, but I'll take it! Thanks for your help!
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 7.59.33 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 7.59.33 PM.webp
    187.1 KB · Views: 99
Looks like a George III halfpenny. Congrats!
 
Upvote 0
Yes, he got it right.
 
Upvote 0
Yes indeed but, although I can't read the date, it won't be 1794 unless it's a contemporary forgery. That style of halfpenny was only issued between 1770-1775. If you're sure about the '4' it could be 1774.
 
Upvote 0
Yes indeed but, although I can't read the date, it won't be 1794 unless it's a contemporary forgery. That style of halfpenny was only issued between 1770-1775. If you're sure about the '4' it could be 1774.


Thanks Red-Coat .. I am trying to see if I can lift the date anymore to determine what it is.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom