What's new

1794 Large Cent

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2012
Messages
1,215
Reaction score
3,805
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to a house site I’ve hunted probably 60 times. Didn’t expect much, thought it was cleaned out, but then this happened. I guess no place is cleaned out….😁
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5040.webp
    IMG_5040.webp
    138.4 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_5044.webp
    IMG_5044.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 195
Upvote 35
Went back to a house site I’ve hunted probably 60 times. Didn’t expect much, thought it was cleaned out, but then this happened. I guess no place is cleaned out….😁
Congrats on a nice piece or American History. I see that it landed on tails!!
 
Nice! Congrats on such a great looking coin. Back in February, I had great luck in digging the smaller version, a 1794 Liberty Cap Half Cent.
 
A 1794 lettered edge large cent is a "Liberty Cap" variety minted in Philadelphia, known for its "ONE HUNDRED FOR A DOLLAR" or similar edge lettering, often found on thick planchets. Designed by Joseph Wright, these are part of a 918,521 mintage featuring a right-facing Liberty and are highly collectible for their, varied, and often dramatic, Sheldon, or S-number, design differences.
 
Find one With Stars it's Worth a More

The 1794 "Starred Reverse" Liberty Cap large cent is a rare and highly sought-after numismatic variety featuring 94 tiny stars punched into the reverse border. Identified as Sheldon-48 (S-48), it is one of the most famous and valued US coin varieties, with only about 50-70 known examples
$29,950.00
000aaa.webp
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom