1794 liberty cap!

greg1186

Dec 19, 2013
Northern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out with some buddies today on some old NJ farms. First hole was a giant copper. Wasn’t sure what it was or if there was going to be any detail. Finally rubbed enough dirt off to see some and I though I saw Lady Britannia at first but once I corrected the position a bit I saw the liberty cap! It’s 1794 and the edge has “one hundred for a dollar” going to be hard to dig an earlier US coin than this! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546824942.299650.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546824953.113737.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546824972.598045.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546824989.882686.jpg

Upvote 72
Will get pics soon. I can just barely see the ribbon and the fraction bar. Perhaps you would have a keener eye!

Well, there are 68 other Varieties listed for the 1794 Liberty Cap Large Cent not counting the "Starred Reverse" and "No Fraction Bar" Varieties and some are Scarce but there are quite a few Rare to Very Rare Varieties. From your statement, I believe we can rule out the "No Fraction Bar" Variety.

Love the old stuff like that. :notworthy:

Well, there are 68 other Varieties listed for the 1794 Liberty Cap Large Cent not counting the "Starred Reverse" and "No Fraction Bar" Varieties and some are Scarce but there are quite a few Rare to Very Rare Varieties. From your statement, I believe we can rule out the "No Fraction Bar" Variety.

Here is the reverse: pretty slick. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546888398.458180.jpg

Well done!!! Congratulations!

Jeez those things are huge!

That is just wonderful! I live in NJ, too. Hoping to score something like that one day.
Congratulations

Banner find Banner vote Well done

Wow, that’s an awesome coin. Such nice condition.

What a sweet early copper, congrats

My White Whale. I see that coin in my sleep! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back