What's new

18" excellerator on a DFX

S.S.Tupperware

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
799
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18" excellerator on a DFX

Anyone done it? How was the weight? I am looking to cover more ground in the fluff when the tide is high. Are these coils decent, and don't break a lot? Found one new for 140 and wondering if it is worth it?
 
Upvote 0
Re: 18" excellerator on a DFX

Some guys like them but I haven't used one that I thought gave me more real depth. It does cover more ground, but you'd be better off with a BigFoot 3"X18". The excellerator coils in the smaller sizes are ok in a pinch. Do I have one? Not anymore........
 
Re: 18" excellerator on a DFX

I have one for my Minelab SE, I liked it because I got a several more inchs coverage and it weigh less then my WOT, I used it in the dry sand one summer. Got the 800 excal, started hunting the wet, found alot more treasure ..parked the SE, and all it's accesories. On land it did very well, in areas of less trash...as far as depth, I can't remember digging anything over 12 inchs with it. I do think if you have a beach where there is a good chance of finding treasure you increase your finds and it should pay for itself in time. I'm not sure if it will do well near the wet, may give you problems due to it's size...falsing? Maybe?......................................I know a few oldtimers who have their Dfx's covered for hunting near the water, wet sand, and do very well with the stock mono coil...Hope this helps................joe

my hunting partner use to call it the steering wheel....
 
Re: 18" excellerator on a DFX

I didn't care for it at all on my MXT. I hear the 12x18 SEF is much better.
 
Re: 18" excellerator on a DFX

Better off with the WOT or the 12x15, or 15X18 SEF Butterfly coils....I just picked up a 12 x 15 SEF Butterfly coil, I'm going to hard wire it on one of my Excals... ;D
 
Re: 18" excellerator on a DFX

I have my DF for the water, I'm not lookin for really any more depth just more coverage in the fluff, and maybe damp. I just don't feel like I cover much ground with the stock9.5 or the 6x10. I am wondering how close the vdi will be is what concerns me the most, I don't wanna be diggin pull tabs ringing up as a quarter...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom