1800s FARM AND THE SILVER SPOON :)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was in the 40s here today so I broke out the CZ20 and went dirt fishing this afternoon for a few hrs. on an old farm property I'm looking at possibly buying. Had to test the ground before I make the decision as to if I will or not! lol

Found the walker, an infantry button (cuff size), an 1864 Injun head and a solid silver WM. Rogers & sons spoon!

Also found some clad, and a few piece's of "whatzit's" not shown here.

All in all it was a good day hunting and a 1st for me in some weeks now but it was fun and I may just buy the farm now! lol

;D

Attachments

• spoon 001.jpg
    spoon 001.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 606
  • spoon 002.jpg
    spoon 002.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 566
  • spoon 003.jpg
    spoon 003.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 612
Upvote 0
Nice ! I see you use the same detector as i do.How ya like it ?I think sometimes people dont believe me when i tell them how deep it goes,but let em believe what they want as i KNOW what it will do ! Good luck on buying the farm,treasure in the yard! cant beat that !

Cool....love the button and the spoon

HH
-GC

Awesome finds and congrats on the silver! What will you do with an old farmhouse? I have an old farmhouse that I have put big $$$ into and you know what, it is still an old farmhouse, LOL! It does have a sauna, whirlpool and an attached glass wintergarden. HH and have fun on the farm, Mike

Does the spoon actually say solid silver? I don't think WM Rogers did solid silver. It would either be Sterling or plated.

Great coin digs!

LW,

nice artifacts nice coins.

So you find a few good finds, and you
buy the place ;) ;D Wow.

have a good un..........

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
LW,

nice artifacts nice coins.

So you find a few good finds, and you
buy the place ;) ;D Wow.

have a good un..........

Ha, ha, Lonewolfe ain't tellin' ya he probably has a good idea where that big cache is buried.

Mike

bscofield6 said:
Does the spoon actually say solid silver? I don't think WM Rogers did solid silver. It would either be Sterling or plated.

Great coin digs!

Nope - don't say "solid silver" -

I should've said "sterling silver" which is the same as coin silver which is 90%

I just meant to say that it's not "plated" like so many are :)
(I've found literally dozens and dozens of them over the yrs. and most are "plated" but - not this one!)

HH all and thanks~

Wolfe

lonewolfe said:
bscofield6 said:

Great coin digs!

Nope - don't say "solid silver" -

I should've said "sterling silver" which is the same as coin silver which is 90%

I just meant to say that it's not "plated" like so many are :)

HH all and thanks~

Wolfe

Very nice! I'm jealous! Probably over an ounce of silver in that spoon! Sterling is 92.5%, just a little better than coin silver! :)

very nice finds good luck and happy huntting

;D DDE 8)

All very nice LDub.You seem to find the oldest stuff in MI....WTG....Joe

Like the spoon alot. Good job.

LeJeuene

I can see the headlines now: LONEWOLFE BOUGHT THE FARM Oh, wait, that doesn't sound right. ;D

I'd buy that farm and hunt it til there was nothing metallic remaining in the ground. Then I'd sell it and move to another old farm. It's like being a trout fisherman and having a trout stream in your own backyard...HEAVENLY.

Those are all great finds. The button is way cool. The half dollar is beautiful. WTG.

Good deal. Gotta love big silver. ;D Nice early date on the IH. :)

Got about 55 today in Northern Ohio. Sunny too - perfect for metal detecting .

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back