Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got into the woods early on Thursday to hunt for relics and managed 4 hours before we walked out. Hitting 2 sites produced some representative relics: 2 round balls, 2 flat buttons, a 'fatty' Indian Head Cent, a horse harness gag loop, a ring with wording on the band that says "For A Friend". Late in the hunt I recovered a small silver disk; it is a very worn trime dating 1853 or 1852.
IMG_7939.JPGIMG_7934.JPGIMG_7935.JPGIMG_7936.JPGIMG_7938.JPGIMG_7943.JPGIMG_7940.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 27
Coins with character ... I luv em! Nice batch of goodies!

You've been killing it McCDig. Congrats on some nice finds. Likin that Trime!

When you're digging 3 cent silvers, you're getting it all!

Thanks Locke. The site is not too bad to hunt. No briars, just tall grass, making it hard to swing.

Thanks creskol. Thought I had Spanish silver at first.

Thanks RVRoamer66. It has been a good 'run' here in August, mostly relic hunts, which is what I like the best.

Thanks CreakyDigger. We really are digging almost everything here, so we did get some horse shoes and big iron yesterday. I was using an Equinox 600. I have to say that the only really strong target was the brass gag loop.

I never even heard of a trime till tnet thats a great coin and lots of other cool finds. Boy your having a good year great to see. Im just getting out this last week just clad but I love it keep rippin my friend... Tommy

Thanks Tommy. Took a friend in. We were supposed to be a trio but our buddy had car trouble. Great to share the adventure.

Sweet Trime, congrats! :occasion14:

Nice trime there! The un-named item looks to be the liner of a pocket knife.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back