What's new

1803 Large Cent (a rare ILL find) plus help iding a token/button?

p2c

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
1803 Large Cent (a rare ILL find) plus help id'ing a token/button?

Hi, for a complete narrative plus photos of all my finds for the day viz. Illinois forum posthttp://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,423943.0.html

I found today an 1803 LC, my first LC on the year. I found one in Ohio a few years ago, but LC's are much rarer in ILL, atleast where I am is settled much later. This 1803, is about as early as we get here.
LCa.webpLCb.webp

I also found this. Initially I thought it may have been a button with "16" on it (like a regiment). Now I see it used to say "1846" and was punched. I don't know what this is. I don't know if 1846 was a year or say a serial as in a slot token. Any help appreciated.
1846a.webp1846b.webp

Thanks for looking! HH
 

Attachments

  • LCa.webp
    LCa.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 565
  • LCb.webp
    LCb.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 539
  • 1846a.webp
    1846a.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 554
  • 1846b.webp
    1846b.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 540
Upvote 0
Re: 1803 Large Cent (a rare ILL find) plus help id'ing a token/button?

Nice finds! :icon_thumright:

Dave
 
Re: 1803 Large Cent (a rare ILL find) plus help id'ing a token/button?

I think the token is a hard times token, right about the same date and pretty close to some designs.

HH
-GC
 
Re: 1803 Large Cent (a rare ILL find) plus help id'ing a token/button?

have not seen one of them pop up ion quite a while Great find :hello2:
 
Re: 1803 Large Cent (a rare ILL find) plus help id'ing a token/button?

Nice finds over there!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom