What's new

1809 Half Cent, 1838 Not One Cent, Indian + flat button

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I got out today for a couple hours. I hit a spot I've researched but never went to...but I had sent friends there a couple times with success. I had a few good targets and I went home very happy. The first target was an 1864 IHC, followed by a 1809 Half Cent ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448740158.545238.webp.


Next came a big ol flat button then the "Not One Cent" hard times large cent token.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448740204.782896.webp
The coins were cleaned with the dry method. They're not in very good shape but I got dates from both. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448740265.095605.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448740275.034281.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448740287.491728.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448740299.829013.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448740310.215491.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448740321.888068.webp

interestingly the flat button still had thread crammed under the shank. That's always cool!

Enjoy

Steve
 
Last edited:
Upvote 54
Late to the party Steve! !
But I already knew, because of the texts.. Thats what motivated me today.. Cant let you 1 up me!! Lol.
Great finds..
 
Well I'm glad you felt motivated by my texts. It was more like unleashing a friggin lion! Consider me one-upped (for now). Remind me to never motivate you again...
 
I don't know how I missed this post, admittedly, I don't get on tnet as much, great finds steve, the not one cent is awesome, great hunt!
 
Very nice hunt Steve. At least you have a readable date on your Half Cent. The only way I could date my 1804 was from the reverse. It had the stemless wreath. Yours is in pretty good shape.
 
Congrats on all your finds Steve. My exp. was the same as OutdoorAdv, when I found my first half cent, I didn't even know there was such a thing, so what a great surprise. But it's your hard times token that gets me this time. Coming out of the dirt it had to have looked like a regular coin. What a neat surprise to see NOT a cent on it, plus a date.
I have not found a HT token yet, so I'm jealous. WTG ! It was pretty neat to see. HH
 
I don't know how I missed this post, admittedly, I don't get on tnet as much, great finds steve, the not one cent is awesome, great hunt!

Heyy Chris! That's my second hard times token this year. I think they're just so cool as well.
 
That hard times token is really cool. I'd love to find one of those some day. Thanks for sharing.
 
Very nice hunt Steve. At least you have a readable date on your Half Cent. The only way I could date my 1804 was from the reverse. It had the stemless wreath. Yours is in pretty good shape.

Thanks TZ. I don't think I posted a final product but here it isImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449076595.320193.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449076625.450757.webp
 
Congrats on all your finds Steve. My exp. was the same as OutdoorAdv, when I found my first half cent, I didn't even know there was such a thing, so what a great surprise. But it's your hard times token that gets me this time. Coming out of the dirt it had to have looked like a regular coin. What a neat surprise to see NOT a cent on it, plus a date.
I have not found a HT token yet, so I'm jealous. WTG ! It was pretty neat to see. HH

Lol. My grandfather had one and showed me it, or else I would have had no idea they existed. Funny enough this was identical to his, minus the environmental "damage" from 170 years in the dirt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom