What's new

1812 box plate

kshimes1

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
49
Reaction score
179
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pieces of one
 

Attachments

  • 1452372001879.webp
    1452372001879.webp
    94 KB · Views: 168
Upvote 50
Wow, that is some lovely history!
 
Do you have a.picture of what that complete Box Plate would look like?
Congrats on a sweet find
 
Amazing. Wow, that's quite a rare find. Are you planning on a restoration?

Major congrats.
 
Wow that thing is KILLER! I so wish you had found it whole. Still an amazing find. Congrsts
 
That's not uncommon for shako plates. I'd still be very happy with that find! If they were found together I would dig a large hole and sift it to get the other piece (s).
 
heck of a save,very nice find
 
Wow! Very high on my wish list. I bet you are going to pound that site!
 
Super nice find!!! Any kind of plate is on the top of my wish list. Huge congrats!
 
Amazing relic , hope you get all the pieces . Give the readers a general idea of any military history that tells a story of how , when , where on your great discovery ? ... adds a lot to the thread .




Thanks HH 2016

d
awg :anchor:
 
War of 1812 American Artillery Shako Plate11366_1d.webp
If i find the last piece i would like it restored if possible.
 
I was told today its a hat plate
 
That's not uncommon for shako plates. I'd still be very happy with that find! If they were found together I would dig a large hole and sift it to get the other piece (s).
Agreed, the rest is there somewhere close.
 
Yes Iron you did tell me yesterday lol
 
Beautiful patina, too bad its not complete.
 
Killer find! Wish it would have been complete, it would have looked great. No corrosion, just a nice smooth patina.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom