Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted all day with my buddy in the fields. Finds were slim but still had a blast. You can just barely make out the date of 1813 on the back of the German silver coin. Found a few buttons and an arrow head laying on top as well. Anyone have any info on the large button, age?
10-23-15.jpg 1813 German silver.jpg 1813 reverse.jpg

Upvote 14

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on today's finds. 1813 is awesome for an Ohio dig. That one button sure is unique.

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt& killer finds the large button may be RN YC (Yacht Club) (with the anchor)..a maker backmark/name would give the dating a clue..

Last edited:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course the coins/buttons are cool, but man I like the arrowhead most, very cool!, 1813 is a nice early silver too, congrats

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt :icon_thumleft:

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver.. WoW.... :icon_thumleft:

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
A little info on the button. RNYC may refer to the now Royal Northern and Clyde Yacht Club (formed in 1978 as merger of two much older yacht clubs - The Royal Northern Yacht Club (founded 1824) and the Royal Clyde Yacht Club (founded 1856). The "royal" designation given to the RNYC was believed to be the first given to a British yachting club. You can read more here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Northern_and_Clyde_Yacht_Club

As wiki is helpful but not always accurate, further digging found some references/pictures here:

https://books.google.com/books?id=R...VCBU-Ch3_sgg0#v=onepage&q=RNYC button&f=false

Finally, as your button does not appear to have thistle tipped wreaths as many of the examples do, I'm guessing you have a variant of the typical RNYC button, a backmark ID may help narrow things (many were made by two british firms: Armfield is one, Gaunt is another) as well as nail down age. Guess from other finds you made close to the button as well as the feeble depth of research ive devoted to it, i'd say last quarter of the 19th century.

Cool find!

-H

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find!

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little info on the button. RNYC may refer to the now Royal Northern and Clyde Yacht Club (formed in 1978 as merger of two much older yacht clubs - The Royal Northern Yacht Club (founded 1824) and the Royal Clyde Yacht Club (founded 1856). The "royal" designation given to the RNYC was believed to be the first given to a British yachting club. You can read more here

As wiki is helpful but not always accurate, further digging found some references/pictures here:

https://books.google.com/books?id=R...VCBU-Ch3_sgg0#v=onepage&q=RNYC button&f=false

Finally, as your button does not appear to have thistle tipped wreaths as many of the examples do, I'm guessing you have a variant of the typical RNYC button, a backmark ID may help narrow things (many were made by two british firms: Armfield is one, Gaunt is another) as well as nail down age. Guess from other finds you made close to the button as well as the feeble depth of research ive devoted to it, i'd say last quarter of the 19th century.

Cool find!

-H
thank you for the detailed info!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
love that 1813....no hope for me on w coast....unless !!!!!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woo, that's a cool silver coin!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the silver and the arrowhead!

Steve

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great early silver buddy. Really cool designs on some of these early coins. That one is really nice. You always get the goods brother

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool find!

-H

Agreed the 'broadly' looking Victorian era Crown must put it in the late 19th C bracket. I only have a couple of Yacht Club buttons (not this one), I think the low numbers makes it a rare find.

Great looking button & a nice early silver.

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sick hunt with that variety. I'd be most happy with the arrowhead. After hundreds of hours walking slowly, looking down at bare dirt, I have yet to find one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread