What's new

1817 George iii sixpence

Lord Verdigris

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
3,935
Reaction score
9,274
Golden Thread
2
Location
East coast Canada
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took my two boys to the beach to play while I did some detecting. All I found was some modern change. I always keep swinging until the last moment and I'm glad I did. In the grassy path on the way to the car I got a hit and out popped the old silver. There was three paths to choose from and I took the middle route. Sucks I had to leave the spot instantly but when mommy calls for the kids to come home it's time to go. I'll be back though. Thanks for looking! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469141630.828382.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469141641.610825.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469141651.762645.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469141659.028089.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469141666.862011.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469141674.279213.webp
 
Upvote 34
What a beauty! Congrats!
 
That's a really sweet Bullhead. WOW. Congrats.
 
I didn't clean it in any way but a run under water.

No judgement here. Some people like them shiny. I like mine to look like it was buried in the ground for a hundred years. Found a piece of Spanish silver that was all black like that and it rinsed off with water. I almost cried LOL the difference in yours was so dramatic I just assumed that you used lemon juice. Nothing can take away the fact that that is one beautiful big thick hunk of old old silver congrats on finding real treasure at the beach.
 
No judgement here. Some people like them shiny. I like mine to look like it was buried in the ground for a hundred years. Found a piece of Spanish silver that was all black like that and it rinsed off with water. I almost cried LOL the difference in yours was so dramatic I just assumed that you used lemon juice. Nothing can take away the fact that that is one beautiful big thick hunk of old old silver congrats on finding real treasure at the beach.

When I took the photos it was still damp and under some brighter lights which probably made it seem lighter than I actually is. It's still pretty dark which I like too. Here's some pics of it bone dry...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469226389.516957.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469226400.721266.webp
 
I went back today just in case and had no luck. I hit the paths hard. All I can hope is when the grass is down there may be more good stuff to find. I don't mind hunting in some long grass but this stuff is super thick and tall. Covers 95% of the field right now. The good news is it's the type that goes flat in the winter/spring because I seen it down there before. I guess this one coin from the site will have to keep me content for now! Haha
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom