What's new

Silver ring surprise and a silver quarter in change

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2018
Messages
2,057
Reaction score
12,109
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mountain Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
In the far fields I am grid searching areas that have not produced a lot, but have potential. The fields have given up a few goodies, but there is a lot of empty space, mostly modern coins and junk. If I don’t cover every inch I’ll never know if I left goodies behind so I take the time and do the work with hope and sometimes a little luck.

I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 55 coins with a face value of $4.10, a car and a half, an oddball item, a small mashed roundball, a key, a live round, a modern bullet, a modern button, bottle caps, aluminum wire, 2 horseshoes, 2 horseshoe pieces, a large truck engine valve and 20 tabs.

DSCN4096.webp
IMG_0174.webp
IMG_0175.webp


The oddball item looked good and I thought it was old at first, but closer inspection tells me it is probably modern. It’s not a button, but I’m not exactly sure what it is. When it popped out of the ground I thought it was a civil war era case for a postage stamp that was used as currency in that period, but it is not brass and is too small (they were quarter sized).

DSCN4097.webp
DSCN4098.webp


DAY 2
I took another swing at the K to 8 school. I gridded another section and did a little walk around with the CZ21. In 5.5 hours I found 35 coins with a face value of $1.20, an old copper rivet, a ring, a play dime, 3 wheaties, an interesting pen, an aluminum BAYER aspirin cap, 2 keys, a finial, a mashed lead bullet, a brass whatzit, pieces of a toy bulldozer, can slaw, bits of copper pipe, 28 tabs and 3 pencil ends.

DSCN4099.webp


The wheaties are 1938, 1951, and a toasted one. The GM key is an older style. It is an ignition key made between 1935 and 1966. In those days the trunk key was a separate key, different from the ignition key. They were a slightly different shape so you could tell them apart.

DSCN4101.webp


The rivet still has leather in it. The ring is silver, but the stone is fake unfortunately. The play coin is a common one and is dated 1974.

DSCN4105.webp
DSCN4104.webp


DAY 3
It has been a while since I did any detecting at the college so I went back to see if I might get lucky. I have found lots of goodies in the past. I did a walk around looking for good spots. I have gridded a lot of the grounds, but not all. There was a lot of empty ground where I had gridded, with almost nothing new, but I did find a few hot spots and a couple of spills to help make the day.

I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 127 coins with a face value of $8.47, a dog tag type pendant, a modern token, a modern button front, a unicorn pendant, a key, part of an eyeglasses frame, can slaw, bottle caps, construction aluminum, aluminum fence wire, a piece of copper pipe, 2 pencil ends and 21 tabs.

DSCN4106.webp


DAY 4
I haven’t done much water hunting this season because of the cool weather and lots of rain. I took a chance and went to a lake swimming area that has produced well in the past. It took 3.5 hours swingin the ATPro to cover all of the beach and all the swimming area to a depth of 5 feet deep. The deepest part of the roped swimming area is about 15 feet deep now. Later in the summer as the water level drops the swimming area will be completely dry, but the heavy rains have kept the swimming area well supplied with water so far this year.

I had a little luck, but nothing good. 7 coins with a face value of $0.49, 6 tabs, 10 earrings, a ring, 2 earring backs, a selfie stick retainer, a toy plane, a stainless spoon and some foil. I was hoping for better, it could have been worse.

DSCN4108.webp


The ring is a SPOSO tungsten carbide ring with a wood grain center. Kay jewelers has them priced at $399 on sale for $299. Of course because it is not a precious metal the value of a used ring is a lot less. I’ll probably put it in the case with the stainless and tungsten rings for $5 and with luck someone might take it off my hands.

DSCN4109.webp


NON DETECTOR FINDS
I got lucky and found a pile of change in the coinstar at the market. Mostly regular change, but there were some foreign coins as well. A Canadian quarter, a 2 cent euro coin and a Swiss 1 franc.

DSCN4112.webp
DSCN4111.webp


I was going through a pile of change from shopping (We still use cash for most things) and I found a silver quarter. It is a 1960 D. The face looks like it was run over in the gravel, but the back looks good.

DSCN4113.webp
DSCN4114.webp


While swingin at the school this little guy was hopping along trying to get away from my coil. He is about an inch long and is a common toad. I moved him to a spot I had already covered to keep him safe. They don’t look very nice but they do eat pesky insects so I try and keep them safe.

IMG_0182.webp


So a silver week for a change, thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN4107.webp
    DSCN4107.webp
    2.9 MB · Views: 72
Upvote 24
Man I love your descriptions of the areas you hunt! Congrats on a series of successful outings!
 
DAY 1
In the far fields I am grid searching areas that have not produced a lot, but have potential. The fields have given up a few goodies, but there is a lot of empty space, mostly modern coins and junk. If I don’t cover every inch I’ll never know if I left goodies behind so I take the time and do the work with hope and sometimes a little luck.

I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 55 coins with a face value of $4.10, a car and a half, an oddball item, a small mashed roundball, a key, a live round, a modern bullet, a modern button, bottle caps, aluminum wire, 2 horseshoes, 2 horseshoe pieces, a large truck engine valve and 20 tabs.

View attachment 2217513View attachment 2217514View attachment 2217515

The oddball item looked good and I thought it was old at first, but closer inspection tells me it is probably modern. It’s not a button, but I’m not exactly sure what it is. When it popped out of the ground I thought it was a civil war era case for a postage stamp that was used as currency in that period, but it is not brass and is too small (they were quarter sized).

View attachment 2217516View attachment 2217517

DAY 2
I took another swing at the K to 8 school. I gridded another section and did a little walk around with the CZ21. In 5.5 hours I found 35 coins with a face value of $1.20, an old copper rivet, a ring, a play dime, 3 wheaties, an interesting pen, an aluminum BAYER aspirin cap, 2 keys, a finial, a mashed lead bullet, a brass whatzit, pieces of a toy bulldozer, can slaw, bits of copper pipe, 28 tabs and 3 pencil ends.

View attachment 2217519

The wheaties are 1938, 1951, and a toasted one. The GM key is an older style. It is an ignition key made between 1935 and 1966. In those days the trunk key was a separate key, different from the ignition key. They were a slightly different shape so you could tell them apart.

View attachment 2217520

The rivet still has leather in it. The ring is silver, but the stone is fake unfortunately. The play coin is a common one and is dated 1974.

View attachment 2217512View attachment 2217521

DAY 3
It has been a while since I did any detecting at the college so I went back to see if I might get lucky. I have found lots of goodies in the past. I did a walk around looking for good spots. I have gridded a lot of the grounds, but not all. There was a lot of empty ground where I had gridded, with almost nothing new, but I did find a few hot spots and a couple of spills to help make the day.

I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 127 coins with a face value of $8.47, a dog tag type pendant, a modern token, a modern button front, a unicorn pendant, a key, part of an eyeglasses frame, can slaw, bottle caps, construction aluminum, aluminum fence wire, a piece of copper pipe, 2 pencil ends and 21 tabs.

View attachment 2217522

DAY 4
I haven’t done much water hunting this season because of the cool weather and lots of rain. I took a chance and went to a lake swimming area that has produced well in the past. It took 3.5 hours swingin the ATPro to cover all of the beach and all the swimming area to a depth of 5 feet deep. The deepest part of the roped swimming area is about 15 feet deep now. Later in the summer as the water level drops the swimming area will be completely dry, but the heavy rains have kept the swimming area well supplied with water so far this year.

I had a little luck, but nothing good. 7 coins with a face value of $0.49, 6 tabs, 10 earrings, a ring, 2 earring backs, a selfie stick retainer, a toy plane, a stainless spoon and some foil. I was hoping for better, it could have been worse.

View attachment 2217528

The ring is a SPOSO tungsten carbide ring with a wood grain center. Kay jewelers has them priced at $399 on sale for $299. Of course because it is not a precious metal the value of a used ring is a lot less. I’ll probably put it in the case with the stainless and tungsten rings for $5 and with luck someone might take it off my hands.

View attachment 2217529

NON DETECTOR FINDS
I got lucky and found a pile of change in the coinstar at the market. Mostly regular change, but there were some foreign coins as well. A Canadian quarter, a 2 cent euro coin and a Swiss 1 franc.

View attachment 2217525View attachment 2217524

I was going through a pile of change from shopping (We still use cash for most things) and I found a silver quarter. It is a 1960 D. The face looks like it was run over in the gravel, but the back looks good.

View attachment 2217526View attachment 2217527

While swingin at the school this little guy was hopping along trying to get away from my coil. He is about an inch long and is a common toad. I moved him to a spot I had already covered to keep him safe. They don’t look very nice but they do eat pesky insects so I try and keep them safe.

View attachment 2217518

So a silver week for a change, thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
Thanks again for taking us along on your journeys and good luck next outing.
 
A great mix of finds - congrats !
 
You did outstanding and GREAT PICTURES :) Thanks for sharing with us
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom