1820 occupied farm house. Settings advice?

What do YOU think your settings should be?

Without more imfo, all metal. Good luck:icon_thumright:

planning on running field 2
all metal
5 tones
sensitivity 6
iron bias 0

Sounds good except for the sensitivity 6 part (I think you meant recovery 6). But speaking of sensitivity, consider lowering it if you encounter thick iron. If you have time, cover it with two disparate modes (e.g., Park 1 and Field 2).

planning on running field 2
all metal
5 tones
sensitivity 6
iron bias 0

Congrats on the permission! I think your strategy is good, but bump power up to 20 and adjust as you go. I’m running same settings tomorrow morning at a cellar hole dating to late 1800’s. Tons of nails and iron in the soil. Hit it yesterday for 30 min and popped 4 old coins in an area I’ve hit half a dozen times and thought was hunted out. I’m swinging for mid and high tones that lock in at least in one direction. This is a slow process. If your permission is limited by time, one shot at it or not wanting to dig too many holes, I would go Park1, disc below 10, 14-18 and above 35. No iron. Cherry pick approach. Good luck!

Sounds good except for the sensitivity 6 part (I think you meant recovery 6). But speaking of sensitivity, consider lowering it if you encounter thick iron. If you have time, cover it with two disparate modes (e.g., Park 1 and Field 2).

Thank you
Yes I meant recovery
I have unlimited access to this one
I will do park 1 first
Then field 2 in allmetal
If I encounter iron areas will go back over with lower sensitivity
And then go back with 6” coil

Congrats on the permission! I think your strategy is good, but bump power up to 20 and adjust as you go. I’m running same settings tomorrow morning at a cellar hole dating to late 1800’s. Tons of nails and iron in the soil. Hit it yesterday for 30 min and popped 4 old coins in an area I’ve hit half a dozen times and thought was hunted out. I’m swinging for mid and high tones that lock in at least in one direction. This is a slow process. If your permission is limited by time, one shot at it or not wanting to dig too many holes, I would go Park1, disc below 10, 14-18 and above 35. No iron. Cherry pick approach. Good luck!

Well done on the coins you must be very excited to go back
Great advice I will give it a go
As I have time on this site

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back