1830s Farm House gives up some finds

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
1830's Farm House gives up some finds

My fiancee and I made it out to an 1830's farmhouse. We worked with one detector and found the following finds in the few hours we searched: 4 Wheaties, 2 US Army WWI buttons, and a plastic bag containing 4 religious medals of Catholics Saints (3 silver, and one aluminum), also came up with a silver ring and some newer change.

There is definitely more at this site, can wait to be post some more when the ground is less frozen.

Upvote 0

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds like a small bottle of propane and a blow torch end would take care of that problem enough to get to the loot below without damaging it.
They even got those bottles now that have the striker built right into the bottle. This ought to be good for a few inches at a time.

OP
OP
Bjorn_MD

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT

Yeah, I can see that now. A homeowner not only worrying about someone digging in their yard, but also carrying a flame thrower... Sometimes it's more fun to let your imagination brew when you leave that one good signal in the ground until it's warmer. You know?

Attachments

• K800_IMG_0925.JPG
    K800_IMG_0925.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
Bjorn_MD

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT

Although it seems like it would work. Coinshooter, did you ever give that a try before? :)

Attachments

• DSCN6674.JPG
    DSCN6674.JPG
    423.6 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN6654.JPG
    DSCN6654.JPG
    852.9 KB · Views: 20

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No, out here in So. Cal. we don't need blow torches, just maybe some ice packs. I thought it was a great idea. After all, if the ground is frozen solid, there shouldn't be much fear of setting anything on fire. As far as the home owners go, I wasn't suggesting doing this in someones front yard, I was talking about farm fields, pastures, forests, etc. I'm going on the theory that you want to melt snow and permafrost, not start forest fires. I guess the local police, fire dept, and rangers might see it a different way, but then again, it all comes down to "HOW BAD DO YOU WANT TO HUNT?". wink

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread