1830s home first virgin home for me

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
me and a buddy diamond jim are going to a 1830s home friday we will be the first to md it hopefully i will post on this thread tomorrw some 100 year old plus finds this guy was a dr when we still had indians moving around in missouri that lived off the land .wont be able to give any clues where it is at we are the first to be allowed to md it the 40+years of this ownership . see ya all tomorrow

olepossum

Upvote 0
OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
ibbasser lets get together this spring and hit it they closed the park this year around mid october due to big christmas light display. the crown royal bag was for the better finds of the day didnt find any of those . we are going back this spring with shovels and sifters we have to go down 18 -20 inches to get back to floor level, over the years the floors and roof fell in and hay storage and cow poo. we have a lot to dig and sift, and i am taking my dfx 300 and ace 250 with me and sniper coils for both, and my judge for old george the rattle snake if he shows he is a belt or billfold.

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
hey burnt chimney this old boy was a dr he had 20 slaves traded with the ndns. the bricks for the house was made on sight we found the kiln. a cellar 1 of 4 wells trying to find the privys and the location of the logcabin he lived in while the house was being built. i will post a pic of the house next week when i get my paper pics from the developer .

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like an awesome place to detect. Wish there was some old places like that out here, but WA State doesn't have a whole lot of history. Crown Royal bags are very useful!

Burnt Chimney

Nov 14, 2008
Hornet Nest North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT F-75 AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could help you work the place over my friend :hello: Maybe the old Doc stached some loot.
A slave tag would make my day for sure
Good Luck and Happy New Year
BC

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
oh yeah it would we are going back this spring after the thaw and dig the first floor back to original level and sift every bit out. everything up came down along with hay and cow plop we are bound to find something. i am bringing more batteries and a smaller coil to shoot through the trash and do some real finding of goodies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread