What's new

1835 Silver and some CW. My luck has finally returned.

Jacobsdt

Full Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
805
Golden Thread
0
Location
VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75 ltd, Garrett Pro Pointer and a little luck
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This year has started off slow for me, be after yesterday I am feeling much better now. I hit 2 different sites yesterday, land being cleared for new houses. Thanks to VCC , the hard working guys clearing the land, who let me go in and hunt for some relics.

20160326_075926.webp

20160326_075920_001.webp 20160326_080110.webp 20160326_110002.webp 20160326_110046.webp One of my best coin finds so far, I knew when I brushed that dirt aside and I saw the silver that it would be something good.

20160319_150918.webp 20160319_150958.webp I also found this 1857 flying eagle penny, it is not in very good shape, to bad.

20160326_111009.webp 20160326_110331.webp New York coat button, in pieces but all there. And a really warn out eagle coat button.

20160308_182800.webp 20160326_110407.webp 20160326_110615.webp A few of the nicer buttons I found, there were a lot of flat buttons without any markings on them.

20160326_111627.webp 20160326_112731.webp First pic here is from a saw handle, not sure about the second.

20160327_082332.webp Civil War bullets and melted lead.

20160327_082551.webp All of the buttons.

20160327_082928.webp And the day wouldn't be complete without finding a few cars! Had a great time, thanks for checking it out and as always HH.
 
Upvote 32
That's a great hunt!! Feels good when the luck returns don't it?? I'm still waiting. Lol
Congrats[emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut
 
Excellent Hunt! Especially the dime. That should grade a minimum of EF40 if not higher. Did you clean it? or did it come out of the ground like that.
Great coin could be worth $300.00 or more..............
 
Excellent Hunt! Especially the dime. That should grade a minimum of EF40 if not higher. Did you clean it? or did it come out of the ground like that.
Great coin could be worth $300.00 or more..............

All I did was brush the dirt off, thank wildcarrot.
 
That dime is lovely...and in really great shape. Congrats!
 
Beautiful silver and just great hunt all around. I have a particular fondness for that flat button with the spiderweb-like edge ring.

Cheers
 
That is a beautiful coin you did really good
 
Very nice finds congrats on the old silver
 
Everytime I see a capped bust dime, I start drooling at the mouth. Nice digs
 
That dime is in really good shape!! Love the buttons and CW bullets!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom