What's new

1839 Seated Dime - amazing condition

apw

Greenie
Joined
Sep 15, 2013
Messages
15
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Latest amazing find!

1839-seated-dime-cropped-01.jpg


1839-seated-dime-cropped-02.jpg


From the research I've done, I've matched it to this:

Liberty Seated Dimes Varieties 1837 - 1891 - 1839o_105page

It's in crazy-good condition, with tons of fine detail. The pictures don't do the color justice. It shines bright.

The tone was perfect, smooth, consistent, and repeatable. I knew it was something good after the second swing over the spot. Good times!
 
Upvote 44
Beautiful find!! Details of dig please!
 
Congratz on an awesome coin! Finding a half dime is always good and that one is a New Orleans mint to boot!!! :hello2:
 
That is one bodacious excellent seated dime find & "CONGRATS" beautiful detail - what machine was you using and how deep was it? Thanks for sharing your pictures and I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
Super cool coin! Please tell us the details.
 
You're right amazing condition congrats on a nice find
 
That's a real looker, congrats on finding such a sharp Seated! My one and only Seated is an 1838 (maybe 1839?), and it's about as slick as it gets. I'd love to find one like yours.
 
Nice find! the seated eludes me.
 
That is one fine coin! Still in search of a seated. Congrats!
 
WOW, AMAZING condition. Congratulations.
 
Nice find---may be a die error at 5 oclock on obverse-----:occasion14:
 
Congratulations on the lovely coin recovery! :occasion14:
 
Looks great, good save. Congrats
 
That is truly incredible condition. Lucky find...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom