paleomaxx

Aug 14, 2016
Upstate, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would be my new favorite site if it wasn't for the overpass that they built right through the middle of it! These finds were almost all from right where the embankment starts so the very edge of the foundation, but based on this 2 hour hunt maybe I should politely ask the highway department if they would mind me demolishing the overpass. :laughing7:

Oh well, there's still a ton of field to comb through. This crotal bell fragment is a monster though; it must have been almost the size of a baseball when it was whole.

DSC09643.JPG DSC09644.JPG

I'm sure I'll be finding the other fragments over time. It's been awhile since I've found multiple buttons in one hunt and the dandy is my new favorite. The design is almost like flames and there are even finer engravings circling those if you look closely.

DSC09640.JPG

The token is just fantastic and represents a ton of history. Henry Clay was a major political player during a very complex time in American history. What's interesting is that I found this token in Columbia County NY which is where Martin Van Buren was from and who was a significant political rival of Henry Clay's. I like to think Clay's supporters were passing these around right in Van Buren's backyard just to upset him. :laughing7:

DSC09647.JPG DSC09648.JPG

It's not nearly as old, but I found my first barber quarter so I can cross that off the list!

DSC09649.JPG DSC09650.JPG

These are a few mystery brass pieces; if anyone recognizes them let me know.

DSC09645.JPG DSC09646.JPG

Here's the whole crowd of finds; I'm hoping to try another new field permission before the crops get too high, but I'll definitely be back here to see what else escaped the overpass.

DSC09638.JPG

Upvote 11

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment of goodies. Love the big button. congrats on notching off the Barber quarter too. I'd be back to that spot for more.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet token, and an interesting place to find it as you say. Some nice history in Columbia county. Good place to be hunting. Congrats on the finds.

Rob

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice variety of digs, very nice Barber, congratulations! One of your mystery items, the strip of metal with nail holes, is a heel or toe tap.

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some great finds. Interesting you found that token, because a few weeks back I dug an 1840 Martin Van Buren ( real, political - not Cracker Jack or Shell Oil ) token also.

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other pc in the picture I believe is part of an arm for a parasol/umbrella.

Very nice variety of digs, very nice Barber, congratulations! One of your mystery items, the strip of metal with nail holes, is a heel or toe tap.

OP
OP
P

paleomaxx

Aug 14, 2016
Upstate, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other pc in the picture I believe is part of an arm for a parasol/umbrella.

Thank you! I bet that means there are probably another dozen out there for me to find. :laughing7:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like that token
Congrats