What's new

1852 bank cheque for $200

tinpan

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
4,681
Reaction score
1,593
Golden Thread
1
Location
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, its been a real hot weekend and i have not yet be back to the old dump site.Sunday i swapped a couple of old glass stoppers for this bank cheque 1852.The friend i got this cheque off, found few of them in a storage cellar of once bank.The bank was located at place called Castlemaine.Castlemaine was a gold mining town about 30 miles south of me.Most of the banks in the early gold rush days where English and they sent agents to the gold fields to set new branches.Gold didn,t only lure miners.many old disused banks in the area and if you want i take pics of few dozens.Here the pic
Kind of something different for a change.

tinpan
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1469.webp
    IMG_1469.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_1470.webp
    IMG_1470.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 617
  • IMG_1471.webp
    IMG_1471.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 611
Upvote 0
congrats on your trade that's a real nice piece for your collection :D :D :D. Larry
 
That is outstanding... I have 4 from the 1830s that I found under the floor boards of my attic when I was renovating my house.. I framed them and hung them up.. really cool..signed by the guy who built the "new" part of my house.. 1838.. one of the them was $189.. lot of cash back then..

MonkeyBoy

Oh.. forgot to add.. the one you have is in WAYYY better shape then any of the ones I have seen!! Great Find!!!!
 
Hey Tinpan

thanks for sharing the cheque with us.

Nice shape for being over 150 years old.

HH

Sanat
 
Wow very nice piece of history, and in great shape too! Thanks..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom