What's new

1852 Upper Canada Token

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, I got trashed today in the rain. Didn't find much after about 2 hrs besides the token. The rain started coming down in sheets so I called it quits. Found another ox shoe, an early plated spoon from a mold, pewter handle, thimble, and a flat button c. 1800-1820. Here's a video of the conditions

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469985007.704607.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469985032.781860.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469985044.339119.webp
 
Upvote 44
Sweet looking token and some great info. on it. I don't mind the rain but, hate it when your hands get all muddy like yours were. The pin pointer and handle on the metal detector get all nasty and just just makes a mess. Your efforts today paid off nicely for you.Congrats!
 
:occasion14: Congrats, nice find.. great shape
 
I like that token. Nice detail. Got a Nova Scotia one a couple weeks ago. I'd love to add that one to the list as well. My magic phrase seems to be "five more minutes". Whenever I utter those words either me or my hunting buddy usually find something almost immediately. Keep the good finds coming brother. :headbang:
 
Excellent token man! I'd love to find one of those bank tokens one day... and its in great condition.

It always amazes me what stays nice and what turns ugly in the ground.
 
Sweet looking token and some great info. on it. I don't mind the rain but, hate it when your hands get all muddy like yours were. The pin pointer and handle on the metal detector get all nasty and just just makes a mess. Your efforts today paid off nicely for you.Congrats!

It was messy for sure. My wife hosed me off, yet again, before letting me in the house
 
I like that token. Nice detail. Got a Nova Scotia one a couple weeks ago. I'd love to add that one to the list as well. My magic phrase seems to be "five more minutes". Whenever I utter those words either me or my hunting buddy usually find something almost immediately. Keep the good finds coming brother. :headbang:

Thx and yep: The first 5 minutes and the last 5 are the most important times in a hunt.
 
Love those BIG coppers.
You could not have done better on condition.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom