What's new

1853 3 CENT PIECES FOUND 2 IN 30 MINS!!!!!!!!1

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
3,465
Reaction score
2,997
Golden Thread
6
Location
CT
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
in 20 plus years of detecting never found one of these.at this park they were excavating in the fall,i found 2 of them both dated 1853 within 30 mins.i was on cloud 9 to say the least!
dave
 

Attachments

  • OCT 14 CONTEST 3 CENT PIECE 1 BACK [].webp
    OCT 14 CONTEST 3 CENT PIECE 1 BACK [].webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,382
  • OCT 14 CONTEST 3 CENT PIECE 2  FRONT [].webp
    OCT 14 CONTEST 3 CENT PIECE 2 FRONT [].webp
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,374
  • OCT 14 CONTEST 3 CENT PIECES CLEANED BACK [].webp
    OCT 14 CONTEST 3 CENT PIECES CLEANED BACK [].webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,370
  • OCT 14 CONTEST 3 CENT PIECES CLEANED FRONT [].webp
    OCT 14 CONTEST 3 CENT PIECES CLEANED FRONT [].webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,378
Upvote 0
Sweet! Good shape, too!

DCMatt
 
Awesome finds. Very lucky, I will be happy to find 1 let alone 2 in 1 hunt. Good job, HH Charlie
 
2 in the same place same day, congrats
 
Great finds. :thumbsup: I haven't seen too many of those posted as being found. Congrats.
 
I found a 1853 3 cent piece under a side walk that was dug up. I took it to my local coin dealer he offered
me $20.00 bucks for it. This was a couple years ago. I never sold it just tucked it away. Nice find thanks for
sharing. Also it is my oldest coin to date in the 11 years i've been detecting.
 
I would love to get my hands on one of those..I'm in the right area for one but to this day nadda....
 
That is a super find could never dream of finding one, but you find 2 in one day wtg....Matt
 
Very nice find. They are called "Trimes" by collectors and three-cent silver is the correct term. They are 75% silver, 25% copper and were minted between 1851 and 1872. They sell today for about $15-20 in good and about $60 in XF. I believe they are the smallest U.S. coin ever minted.
 
Very nice :thumbsup: Is that a DFX you're using?
 
Cloud 9? Heck I'd been on cloud 9, 10, 11, & 12.... Nice finds! :thumbsup:

And Welcome to Treasure Net.

Chris
 
no a older whites eagle spectrum from 1991.
dave
72cheyenne said:
Very nice :thumbsup: Is that a DFX you're using?
 
Very cool.. i caould only dream of such a find out here in So. Cal.
 
Cool. That one on the left looks really nice. :thumbsup:
 
You just never know. That is fantastic. That's still on my wish list. Banner.
 
Were they close together?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom