What's new

1853 seated lib. and more - Goodbye till April!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
1853 seated lib. and more - Goodbye 'till April!

Went to a site of a revolutionary war battle in hopes of finding cannonball number five to go along with the four my friends dug this weekend. No dice. Not any battle relics besides a round ball.

EastCoasthunter21 and I ran all over the hill like mountain goats on a backbreaking hunt. I dig score an exquisite seated quarter and a few bits and bobs. I'm curious to the age of the bent oval gold-faced cuff link. Any guesses is welcome but I'm suspecting earlier 19th century. Enjoy! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452549354.433838.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452549364.256607.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452549372.442187.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452549385.965626.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452549396.873300.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452549407.909617.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452549417.464860.webp

Enjoy. This is probably my last post until April. I have a major exam approaching and the ground is freezing, so I'm signing off with hunts. Good luck and happy hunting

Steve
 
Upvote 64
Steve ( scrappy ) it's been a pleasure hunting with you.
I'll be hunting Spanish silver and gold until April
But when I get back I look forward to hunting with you again.
I will learn my new machine in Fla and hope I'll be ready to
Do it all over again in the spring. Hh gl on your exam !!
 
Great looking Seated Steve. I also like the Fire Dept. button. You finished her off nice - until April.
 
Awesome seated steve!, great condition
 
That's a pretty cool seated quarter, Type 2, only minted in 1853. You sure do pull the good stuff every time you get out. I guess the freezing temps are finally getting to the East Coast. I am pulling batteries tonight and cleaning the Detectors.
 
Nice looking seated. Who knows we may get a January thaw and you will get out again even with exams coming up.
 
Great finds! Love the fire dept thing. Good luck with your "exam"

HH, Relic Nut
 
Great looking piece of silver to end the season off, best of luck on the exams.
 
I sure like that fire department button. - All nice finds.
 
Hello Scrappy,

Very nice silver piece recovery, looks in good shape! :occasion14:

Good Luck on your exam,

Professor
 
Very nice seated quarter congrats on some nice finds
 
Nice seated Steve!
 
Beautiful Seated quarter! That's my favorite year for Seateds with those rays. Congrats on an excellent find!
 
Good lord that's a sweet quarter!! DAMN I wish I could hunt right now, my mouth is watering just seeing that silver.

Better watch out, I see that eastcoasthunter got a Deus....
 
The Rays on the back remind me of the back of the reale
From the same era
 
1853 seated lib. and more - Goodbye 'till April!

Steve ( scrappy ) it's been a pleasure hunting with you.
I'll be hunting Spanish silver and gold until April
But when I get back I look forward to hunting with you again.
I will learn my new machine in Fla and hope I'll be ready to
Do it all over again in the spring. Hh gl on your exam !!

Thanks Charlie. I appreciate you taking me to the spot to find this seated quarter. I hope you find that Spanish silver and gold. I'm sending you down there with the coordinates of where I found that 8 reale - hammer it because I did not. Get to know that Deus. It's like driving a Ferrari I hear.
 
Nice quarter, and cuff link, no idea on age, but the back might give more clues ?

I've been done since Dec. 26
 
You have ended this hunting season with another awesome coin. Now go and polish that horseshoe you always carry with you.
 
Well, if it has to be the last hunt, I can think of a lot worse ways to go out!

Congrats and good luck on those exams!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom