What's new

1855 button ?

Cuda 70

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2021
Messages
38
Reaction score
131
Golden Thread
0
Location
Moonstone Ontario
Detector(s) used
Ace400i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today in my 1855 church foundation site. E0885D58-9300-4BF7-A5AF-EA92A18AFCBD.webp
 
Cuda 70 that is one nice artifact.:hello2: 3 guesses: 1) brooch; 2) pendant that once held a cameo or picture; 2) horse bridal rosette (although I've never seen one like it). Consider posting clear pictures with a size reference. Also mention if there is any lettering on the reverse and what, if anything, you found nearby.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I took the liberty of trying to enlarge and enhance your picture to make it easier to view. Can you give us a size on it? A picture with a coin next to it would help.
 

Attachments

  • 9D9ABE6D-164A-4AE4-A29A-55A8C8F688F8.webp
    9D9ABE6D-164A-4AE4-A29A-55A8C8F688F8.webp
    45.2 KB · Views: 68
  • E0885D58-9300-4BF7-A5AF-EA92A18AFCBD 1.webp
    E0885D58-9300-4BF7-A5AF-EA92A18AFCBD 1.webp
    38 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
Size about a 1” in diameter. No lettering. Also found some old medicine bottles and some dish/ plates pieces. Got to get the glue out. Thanks for you assisting it what this might beB2A1D093-9A87-4429-8C52-FD998EE805EC.webp
 
Upvote 0
Cool bottles! Please post pictures of the dish pieces...
 
Upvote 0
The button may date a little later in the 1800s and may have had a glass insert. I wish I could be more specific but I haven't found anything to compare it to yet. The design of the border says Victorian era to me.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom