What's new

1856 Seated Half Dollar

AP552

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
84
Reaction score
265
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeastern Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
AT max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dug a really nice 1856 seated half dollar today. It's been on my wish list for awhile now, still can't believe I finally found one. Best part is its in great shape. Managed to dig a large cent and two Indians before it was time to head home. Thanks for looking

image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 94
Wow I can't even imagine pulling one of those. Big time congrats
 
Nice one. I like the Patina on that one. I dug one a month or two ago and dont expect to see one again anytime soon if at all
 
Beautiful coin thats on my wish list - congrats!
 
Awesome big silver ! :occasion14:
 
Wow... all I can say, congrats!!
 
That is one outstanding half. A wonderful find.
 
That is one beautiful old coin. Big congrats on that one. The whole hunt was great for that matter.
Looks like you have a really great site there. I would definitely go back and hit every inch and it hard.
There may be more......
 
Good score on the seated half.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Thanks everyone!
 
:icon_thumright: Well Done! It's a beauty.
 
Awesome find my friend- congrats!!

-- Jeff --
 
Great day hunting! That half dollar has some beautiful detail! Congratualtions...:occasion14:
 
JEALOUS!!! Seated of any kind is on the top of my bucket list and this one is a beautiful half. Congratulations!
 
What a sweet piece of big silver! That one's still on my bucket list as well. Congrats!
 
Ah, the patina, the "O" mint! Whatta great find! Absolutely spectacular find man. I've found only one seated half. They're a league in their own. Congrats on a major find. WOW!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom