What's new

1863 Civil War Token

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
376
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got this token in a roll of wheat pennies along with a few IH's. I am not familiar with this token. The back has the initial J G W. I have seen Civil War tokens like this before but none with these initials.
 

Attachments

  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 832
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 427
It looks identical to the Indian Head penny. But the only year that the wreath on the back didn't have the shield in it was 1859. So since yours is 1863 it should have the sheild. I don't know if it is meant to be a token or a fake. Or I could be wet altogether.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom