1863 Indian Head

hybrid_XLT

Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spent about 1 1/2 at a old building i have gone to a couple of times with no luck...so i ended up at the park that i found the 1796 half reale last year. it was pretty cold & windy and after a couple of hours there, decided to head home..on the way to my vehicle I dug a couple of memorial cents & the 1910 Wheat...got a VDI that went from a 73 Penny/Dime to 65, then it changed to a 63 at 4" deep...dug this Indian head and thought it was dated 1906..when i got home i used a little olive oil and saw that it was 1863..my oldest U.S. coin...it seems thicker than the other Indian Heads i have

Attachments

• IMG_2962.JPG
    IMG_2962.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_2964.JPG
    IMG_2964.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 0
Congrats on the IH :thumbsup:!!!!! Have you done any research on the old building? I would not give up on it! if there were people there at one time there will be stuff around and inside it!!!!!! Good luck, QICKSILVER(appletree)

Hello QuickSilver, i plan on going back to that old building maybe next week. the big field behind it (in the picture) is now a parking lot...so only the sides and some of the front of the building is detectable...and i noticed one side is mostly sand....

Attachments

• eb3f_1.JPG
    eb3f_1.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 308
  • eb3f_1.JPG
    eb3f_1.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 300
Looks like a GREAT site to hunt! Super Injun and nice bullet too! 8)

Good luck on your return! Nana :)

By the photo it looks promising!!!! Go nice and slow and take it one side at a time! and it should produce for you :thumbsup: Extra large Good luck on this site, QUICKSILVER(appletree)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back