What's new

1864 Gold Sovereign

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
10,425
Reaction score
2,724
Golden Thread
1
Location
UK
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Well I have been on quite a roll lately with some early nice finds for the time of year :) and today it continued, searching the field were I missed out on the outher week I found my second Gold coin :headbang:

The field was the one that I couldn't do because of a very late night :-\ were Michael my buddie took 27 Roman Bronzes and 2 Hammered from, well today I made up for it, after about an hour of searching the field, I flipped over a signal and revealed the colour we all dream off :o A Victorian 1864 Sovereign :headbang: This our second Gold Sovereign for this year, hopefully not the last Goldi we will find :) I also added to my Silver Hammered count, with another Edward? penny :) bringing my total now to 13 :)
The detecting time for our fields is coming to an end shortly, the crop is growing rapidly, but hopefully I might have a few more goodies to show before we stop till Harvest :icon_thumleft:

SS
 

Attachments

  • Gold Coin 001.webp
    Gold Coin 001.webp
    105.7 KB · Views: 3,420
  • Gold Coin 002.webp
    Gold Coin 002.webp
    80.6 KB · Views: 3,425
  • Gold Coin 007.webp
    Gold Coin 007.webp
    80.8 KB · Views: 3,387
  • Gold Coin 008.webp
    Gold Coin 008.webp
    92.1 KB · Views: 3,392
  • Gold Coin 013.webp
    Gold Coin 013.webp
    67.4 KB · Views: 3,349
  • Gold Coin 015.webp
    Gold Coin 015.webp
    105.1 KB · Views: 3,389
  • Gold Coin 018.webp
    Gold Coin 018.webp
    108.8 KB · Views: 3,337
  • Gold Coin 019.webp
    Gold Coin 019.webp
    66.6 KB · Views: 3,323
  • Gold Coin 024.webp
    Gold Coin 024.webp
    90 KB · Views: 3,328
  • Gold Coin 026.webp
    Gold Coin 026.webp
    90.8 KB · Views: 3,277
  • Gold Coin 029.webp
    Gold Coin 029.webp
    116.4 KB · Views: 3,283
  • Gold Coin 021.webp
    Gold Coin 021.webp
    147.1 KB · Views: 3,330
Upvote 6
Nice :icon_thumleft: I found a little sword similar to that one, mine has no stones on it though ;D
 
It's always nice when a bit of gold pops out of the ground :icon_thumleft:, well done mate. When ever I get a coin I can date, I like to google that year to bring it in to context. For example, as I am sure you are aware, 1864 is right in the middle of the American civil war, but also it was the year that Nevada was admitted as the 36th state also the first condom was made this year by the International Condom Company. Ok I admit not all years are great and I was searching a bit there but you get my drift. Please find some more fields or something, I enjoy your posts and the thought of you and Cru et al not posting new finds is not a good thought.

hammered
 
Don't forget to report it to the authorities, We would not want to see you go to jail
 
SkyPirate said:
Don't forget to report it to the authorities, We would not want to see you go to jail

at least learn our Laws :icon_scratch:
 
SkyPirate said:
Don't forget to report it to the authorities, We would not want to see you go to jail

It's not 300 years old and being a coin that young found on it's own, no need to report.

hammered
 
hammered said:
It's always nice when a bit of gold pops out of the ground :icon_thumleft:, well done mate. When ever I get a coin I can date, I like to google that year to bring it in to context. For example, as I am sure you are aware, 1864 is right in the middle of the American civil war, but also it was the year that Nevada was admitted as the 36th state also the first condom was made this year by the International Condom Company. Ok I admit not all years are great and I was searching a bit there but you get my drift. Please find some more fields or something, I enjoy your posts and the thought of you and Cru et al not posting new finds is not a good thought.

hammered



Great post mate :icon_thumleft: Never thought about that year and the American civil war...or condoms :-\
 
Beautiful SS. Nice. Looks like it will be another good year for you. You are off and flying already sir.
Congratulations
TnMtns
 
That is one beautiful coin!!! Congrats!

Ray
 
Did or does England have a "let's throw gold coins in the air at night" on certain days of the year throughout the centuries? It's become a masochistically torment looking at any English posting. You guys, simply are killing us over here.
Keep it up.
Cheers.
Carl
 
HEY WAY TO GO WELL DONE :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Man what I would give to come across the pond for a hunt !!!!

Awsome stuff on every post with you guys!!!

thanks for the history lesson

arthur
 
All that in one hunt, awesome! Congrats and HH, Mike
 
hammered said:
SkyPirate said:
Don't forget to report it to the authorities, We would not want to see you go to jail

It's not 300 years old and being a coin that young found on it's own, no need to report.

hammered
It wouldn't matter if it were a Thousand years old :-\ it's one Gold coin, which doesn't fall into the Treasure act, it has to be two or more coins of precius metal, from the same time era :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
artzstuff1 said:
Man what I would give to come across the pond for a hunt !!!!

Awsome stuff on every post with you guys!!!

thanks for the history lesson

arthur
There are a lot more of you folks coming over here now to hunt, I know there are plenty of organized Holidays to cater for American visiters :icon_thumleft: get yourself over :icon_thumright:

SS
 
Terrific finds :icon_thumleft: i really like that sword it sure beat,s a cannon , and the GOLD !! wow Good Hunt Dd60
 
You guys really find the coolest stuff over there.... Absolutely awesome... That gold coin should be banner.
 
I think the whole lot deserves the Banner to be honest :o
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom