What's new

1864 Gold Sovereign

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
10,425
Reaction score
2,724
Golden Thread
1
Location
UK
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Well I have been on quite a roll lately with some early nice finds for the time of year :) and today it continued, searching the field were I missed out on the outher week I found my second Gold coin :headbang:

The field was the one that I couldn't do because of a very late night :-\ were Michael my buddie took 27 Roman Bronzes and 2 Hammered from, well today I made up for it, after about an hour of searching the field, I flipped over a signal and revealed the colour we all dream off :o A Victorian 1864 Sovereign :headbang: This our second Gold Sovereign for this year, hopefully not the last Goldi we will find :) I also added to my Silver Hammered count, with another Edward? penny :) bringing my total now to 13 :)
The detecting time for our fields is coming to an end shortly, the crop is growing rapidly, but hopefully I might have a few more goodies to show before we stop till Harvest :icon_thumleft:

SS
 

Attachments

  • Gold Coin 001.webp
    Gold Coin 001.webp
    105.7 KB · Views: 3,420
  • Gold Coin 002.webp
    Gold Coin 002.webp
    80.6 KB · Views: 3,425
  • Gold Coin 007.webp
    Gold Coin 007.webp
    80.8 KB · Views: 3,387
  • Gold Coin 008.webp
    Gold Coin 008.webp
    92.1 KB · Views: 3,392
  • Gold Coin 013.webp
    Gold Coin 013.webp
    67.4 KB · Views: 3,349
  • Gold Coin 015.webp
    Gold Coin 015.webp
    105.1 KB · Views: 3,389
  • Gold Coin 018.webp
    Gold Coin 018.webp
    108.8 KB · Views: 3,337
  • Gold Coin 019.webp
    Gold Coin 019.webp
    66.6 KB · Views: 3,323
  • Gold Coin 024.webp
    Gold Coin 024.webp
    90 KB · Views: 3,328
  • Gold Coin 026.webp
    Gold Coin 026.webp
    90.8 KB · Views: 3,277
  • Gold Coin 029.webp
    Gold Coin 029.webp
    116.4 KB · Views: 3,283
  • Gold Coin 021.webp
    Gold Coin 021.webp
    147.1 KB · Views: 3,330
Upvote 6
Congrats on the well-deserved banner!
 
:headbang: that is awesome man! :headbang: a huuuuge congratulations!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Love the gold "Vickie" - the young heads are such nice coins ! also the "gothic silvers"
suffice it to say BANNER ! bigtime . Argentium.
 
Fantastic, and great photos too.
MT
 
:o :o :o

Wow logged on this morning to see the Sovereign on the BANNER, thanks to everybody who Voted :notworthy: :notworthy: :headbang:

SS
 
I'd be happy with any one of the three you posted -- you fellows are really blessed with lots of old history to dig up -- never know if your going to find a roman or 1901 a queen victoria half penny
 
Silver Searcher said:
Mackaydon said:
SS
Great finds !!
The Roman appears as an AE-3; Valentinianvs I (364-365) 'Restitvtor Reip'; Constantinople mint.
Don.........
Don thanks....but the coin is a Silver Silaqua, although it doesn't look like one, then again it doesn't look like a Silver Hammered next to it either :-\I haven't looked up the ID yet, but yes as you say a Valentininvs 1 Victory on Gobe I think for the reverse :dontknow: :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Congrat. with those finds, super coins. :icon_thumleft:
 
Silver Searcher said:
:o :o :o

Wow logged on this morning to see the Sovereign on the BANNER, thanks to everybody who Voted :notworthy: :notworthy: :headbang:

SS


whole two banner in less than 30 days ...... that means something, or you are a good hunter or living in an exceptional area full of treasures. :D
 
HISPAN said:
Silver Searcher said:
:o :o :o

Wow logged on this morning to see the Sovereign on the BANNER, thanks to everybody who Voted :notworthy: :notworthy: :headbang:

SS


whole two banner in less than 30 days ...... that means something, or you are a good hunter or living in an exceptional area full of treasures. :D
Just lucky :wink:

SS
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom