What's new

1864 US 2 CENT plus other goodies

Lord Verdigris

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
3,935
Reaction score
9,274
Golden Thread
2
Location
East coast Canada
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the field this morning where I got the 1882 Blakely token. The grass is super long but the F75 easily got deep enough to find some stuff. My favourite of the day is my first US 2 cent coin dated 1864. The rest of the coins were not in great shape but I got a 1806 George iii half penny, 1769 Hibernia half cent, a toasted George ii half penny and a 1943 silver dime plus a few other keepers. Thanks for looking! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468092428.367840.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468092437.152391.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468092457.869174.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468092465.971432.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468092474.255096.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468092481.520511.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468092499.940349.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468092508.274153.webp
 
Upvote 22
Congratualtions on the 2 cent piece and other interesting finds! :occasion14:
 
Wow. You got a bunch of stuff there. Looks like that area really tears up the copper coins. Farm field? Congrats on the finds.
 
Wow. You got a bunch of stuff there. Looks like that area really tears up the copper coins. Farm field? Congrats on the finds.

Was told by old timers it was used as a pasture for cattle when they were young but that was all they could remember. I can't wait to try it when the grass is down. It's up to my waist in most spots. The spot isn't real big though! [emoji2]
 
Congratulations on a great day. Really like the 2 cent. Looks like it is in great shape.
 
Nice hunt,,
The 2 center, , although dark,, really looks good.
Congrats
 
Awesome finds- Congrats!! Love the 2-center...

-- Jeff --
 
Excellent. I've never dug a 2 cent so thanks for reminding me;) just kidding.

Nice set of keepers.
 
Excellent. I've never dug a 2 cent so thanks for reminding me;) just kidding.

Nice set of keepers.

I'm sure it won't be long until you get one. Knowing you you'll get more than one at the same time! Haha [emoji2]
 
A funny thing to me is how that modern rcmp pin got out in the middle of no where.
 
Great find and congratulations
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom