All found this spring.
20170529_205441_resized.jpg
20170529_205539_resized.jpg
20170528_135444_resized_1.jpg
20170528_100453_resized.jpg
20170520_154541_resized.jpg
20170417_220156_resized_1.jpg

Upvote 0
Can you say what battle it was. Those are some nice MD items.:thumbsup:Must have been some cannon fire going on with that grape shot.

Can you say what battle it was. Those are some nice MD items.:thumbsup:Must have been some cannon fire going on with that grape shot.

Not until Im done detecting there. It had been detected before, but not much except where the soldiers were pinned down. Stuff was deep. I used my ATX and routinely found stuff from 15-24"

There was one howitzer there. At least 2 canisters were fired and 6 balls, based on the amount of fragments and shot and the patterns. I logged all coordinates with GPS.

This is amazing work right here good job!

Great finds! You have an awesome spot there! HH

That is amazing stuff i would love to hear the story behind those finds when you are done but im not gonna hold my breath on that one im guessing you will be a long time searching that place

Incredible finds. Are these Civil War or Indian War artifacts?

In the first photo of the display case, what type of cartridge casings are in the lower left corner? They look like the 45-70's but are a bit larger in diameter. Great stuff!!!!!

Great finds.

Do any of the Spencer casings have an S.A.W. headstamp?

None of the casings had any headstamp, except one Henry.

Incredible finds. Are these Civil War or Indian War artifacts?

In the first photo of the display case, what type of cartridge casings are in the lower left corner? They look like the 45-70's but are a bit larger in diameter. Great stuff!!!!!

Indian War artifacts. Those are Spencer casings. There are also 2 dropped unfired Spencer Shells there too.

Very impressive finds

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

In that case then you have at least 6 Bormann fuses yet to be found on your site.
Yep, we found one. Stuff is deep though. That thin stuff doesn't ring up as good as lead lol

pic9(1).jpg
A friend found it, so its not in my collection.

Its possible they double loaded the cannon for a few shots, so there may not be as many fuses as I was hoping for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back