1875 Seated Half!

madfranks

May 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
I went up to the mountains today; I've learned lots of old trails where the ghost towns are. I usually can't get into any of the ghost towns because they're on private land, so today I just walked up and down an old road just for kicks. I was searching the bigger trees, and lo and behold I got an absolutely beautiful signal right under an old pine. I knew right away it was a coin, and a big one too from the wonderful signal I had (what a great feeling!). A minute later I had an 1875 seated half! Too bad the coin is in such bad shape, but it cleaned up pretty decently, and it's a keeper!

Attachments

• seated half 001.jpg
    seated half 001.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0

ticotiger14

Jul 29, 2004
Wow, Great find, coincidently I found an 1875 Seated half also, my best Coin find to date.
Congratulations

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT find....have found a franklin and a liberty half, but no seeated or bust halves(halfs?) yet myself...ANY old silver is a super find regardless of the shape its in.
Bill

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great coin and a really great find!! I've gotten to the point I hunt around every old tree I see. The oldest I've found so far is a '43 merc, but I'm still hunting. And around old trees seem to be good spots.

HH,
Ramapirate

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
:o :o Super Find, Franks: Hopefully, the next one is a nice Bust Half! Did you check real good around that tree & the area? It may have been a Picnic area? Good Luck!

Joe 8)

R

rvbvetter

Beautiful find!!! And actually that's a good lesson for all of us. Silver is where you find it. It doesn't all migrate to schools and parks.
I think I would adopt that tree. If I couldn't take it home and replant it in my yard, I would see to its welfare. WTG!!! HH

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some sweet silver!

HH
-GC

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Very nice find . Good idea to hunt along the old roads near the ghost towns. Anything traveled as much as that is bound to produce some good finds and you just proved it!

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Nice find there. I love those sweet signals at the base of a tree.... ;)

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread