What's new

1877-S Seated Quarter in FABULOUS condition dug last Sunday

IDXMonster

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2014
Messages
777
Reaction score
1,279
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't post many finds but the condition of this coin right out of the ground was STUNNING! If it had an NCGS tag with it I would not have been surprised,by FAR the nicest coin of thousands I've dug. This specific park has some soil that totally TOASTS old coppers,the two LCs from there I have are pretty rough,but readable. A 3 cent nickel also popped out of there but was in really good shape,so...go figure. That's what I love about silver coins,they are for the most part unaffected by environmental conditions. Anyway,thanks for looking and good luck out there!

IDXMonster
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    115 KB · Views: 389
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    57.8 KB · Views: 386
Upvote 56
Holly cow someone must have threw that thing from the door of the mint! Congrats :icon_thumright:
 
Incredible Coin
Look at the feathers on the Eagle's Wings.
Congrats
 
Absolutely incredible find! I can't recall ever seeing one that white before- looks like it was dropped right after someone got it from the bank. Congrats!

-- Jeff --
 
Thanks for temporarily blinding me with that beautiful coin!
Congrats!:occasion14:
 
I recently pulled an 1877 quarter as well and it was the best condition of the 16 seated pulled from this field. Yours is definately a looker too
 
Very pretty seated lady
 
Gorgeous!!! You have some forgiving dirt up your way!!!!:occasion14: Congrats!!!!
 
Very nice coin!
 
Outstanding condition congrats...
 
Spectacular coin! Congrats.
 
Awsome coin & congrats on your find!

Texas ED
 
99% of times I look at a post claiming a coin is in "amazing condition" or "mint", it not. Well that's not the case with yours and you dug a fabulous coin.

I dug an 1897 barber dime once with mint luster. I wouldn't have believed it came from the ground unless I unearthed it myself. Now I dug over 250 silver coins last year so the chances of a high grade coin is according to my finds is 0.4%.

GREAT FIND!!!

Steve
 
Congratz! That is one beautiful coin!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom