What's new

1877-S Seated Quarter in FABULOUS condition dug last Sunday

IDXMonster

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2014
Messages
777
Reaction score
1,279
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't post many finds but the condition of this coin right out of the ground was STUNNING! If it had an NCGS tag with it I would not have been surprised,by FAR the nicest coin of thousands I've dug. This specific park has some soil that totally TOASTS old coppers,the two LCs from there I have are pretty rough,but readable. A 3 cent nickel also popped out of there but was in really good shape,so...go figure. That's what I love about silver coins,they are for the most part unaffected by environmental conditions. Anyway,thanks for looking and good luck out there!

IDXMonster
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    115 KB · Views: 389
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    57.8 KB · Views: 386
Upvote 56
Thank you so much everyone for the kind words,it's amazing to actually find something that's worth posting a picture of! With all the other things people find its pretty stiff "competition",though I don't look at it that way at all. Sharing pics of things gives energy to the next guy to go out and find whatever they're looking for,hopefully that's what this did.
 
I'm from Minnesota, still looking for a seated. Was that found in Wisconsin?
 
I'm from Minnesota, still looking for a seated. Was that found in Wisconsin?

Hey Joey....yes,it was found at a park in Monroe.
 
Fantastic coin recovery! :occasion14::occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom