1880 jail house 4 stinkin pennys

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
1880 jail house 4 stinkin penny's

Metal detected a very cool old jail house with my brother yesterday but there was a ton of trash, only pulled out 4 new pennys and tons of trash! plan on going back (with camera) and get some more of that trash out of there so we can hopefully find some of the older stuff... has to be there!
the great part is it is in a small town and we had to find the mayor to get permission, we have been calling for a couple of weeks but they only meet once every 2 months, finally tracked her down at the old church where they are putting in new sidewalk, which we would LOVE to hunt but it is almost done and it is a large group effort, lot of people. anyhow we got to talking to her she told us where the old city dump was from the 1800's and said one of the truestees was out there a while back and found bottles laying right on top of the ground, she gave us quick directions but we couldnt find it yesterday so we have to call and get better directions, another great thing is she is also the local historian, she said she would call us if she thinks of other places, she was a great lady! I am looking forward to getting back down there! I will get pics next time! sorry didnt take my camera!

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: 1880 jail house 4 stinkin penny's

Sorry just aint cutting it Mikey...You get back out there and show us those finds! :) :)
How great that you guys ran into the historian and she is willing to give you more places! Looking forward to seeing your finds ...AND PICS!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

It's great to hear that some folks are cooperative with THers and I hope you have better luck next trip. Sounds like an interesting place to search. Good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
buckeyehunter

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac

it is such a cool building! I hate that I didnt have my camera, sorry but NEXT TIME!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All sounds good! Look forward to the pics. HH, Mike

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Mikey, puppy, what kind of Tnetter are you? You march your butt right back there and take some pictures for us. >:( ;) :D

Next time....OK? Good luck! :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Go back! Go back!!! Bound to be something there!

Good luck on your next outings!!!

And don't forget the camera!

Nana ;)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Mona Lisa said:
Mikey, puppy, what kind of Tnetter are you? You march your butt right back there and take some pictures for us. >:( ;) :D

Next time....OK? Good luck! :)
Might want to take a pic of the dawg house while you are at it ;)

OP
OP
buckeyehunter

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac

yeah gypsy it sounds like I am in the dog house with lisa huh? she just wants to see pictures so bad cause she hopes I will be in them.... she thinks i am hot!!

AFTER we got bored digging up trash we went back to my brothers house and tried our luck at panning in the creek where my brother lives, didnt have my waders with me so I was in my reg. shoes, NOW I HAVE A COLD!!

TREASURE DIVER: I need you to come up some weekend when your up to it and first tell us if there is even any chance of gold in the creek we were panning and second... teach how to do it!! man it was pitiful.... i was soaked by the time I got done!

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

where your priorities? quit your job,get a divorce,stop eating and drinking and go back

treasure diver

Mar 17, 2006
eastern KY.

Sorry about the cold. Did you try the bird shot test yet? I may take you up on seeing you if I come up to see my grandsons play I told you about.

OP
OP
buckeyehunter

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac

t.d.

No I havent got a chance to try it yet, I have been really busy, a lot of O.T. and I bought a new ATV! so i have been riding a lot.

I got a 500 4x4 arctic cat, love it so far! went and picked it up tuesday after work.

that would be great if you stopped by and visited! and I dont mean that so you can show us how to pan, heck we can go detecting, fishing whatever you want! just let me know when your coming up!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW 1880's jail house. I bet goodies are there waiting. HH Burdie

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.

gypsyheart said:
Sorry just aint cutting it Mikey...You get back out there and show us those finds! :) :)
How great that you guys ran into the historian and she is willing to give you more places! Looking forward to seeing your finds ...AND PICS!
YEA, WHAT GYPSY SAID!!! trk5capt...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread