1880s robbery

jimmatt_43

Feb 2, 2007
1880's robbery

It is quite possible the loot from the robbery was buried on the family farm.
Two brothers committed the robbery ,went home and hid it.One was shot later that day and the other died in prison.
My questions would be would they run right or left when they got home and what would be the best detector.
Is an mri machine easy to read?
All opinions are welcome and I am grateful for them.
Best of luck to everyone ,
Jim

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
If they ran home and hid it that means they did it in a hurry so it isn't deep. Now for a more complete answer you must furnish some facts.
What was the cache composed of, ie paper money, coins, jewelry, ???? Was it excessively big or heavy? Everything helps, but hold the name and address. Is this a well known story? maybe someone has researched it and drawn a conclusion. Just my thoughts, Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
Do you know how old the brothers were when they committed the robbery?

OP
OP
J

jimmatt_43

Feb 2, 2007
I am am guessing they were in there 20' s.They were still living with their parents.
The story is not well known.
The loot was silver and gold coin.if the amount supposedly taken is true,it would be hundreds of pounds.
My own first thoughts were in a hollow tree or right down the outhouse hole.
You are most likely right Frankn ,it would not be deep and a good 2 box would work.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
For better answers, we need more facts! In the 1880's children lived with there families untill there parents passed on and then they took over the property. Forget the outhouse. Although I have only looked in one, I have never heard of a cache dropped in one. Hollow tree would be to easy for someone else to look in. Most likely buried in site of the house in shallow hole. you have to stand there at the property and visualize where you would have buried it. Most likely to the rear of the property. You could cover it fast with a 2 Box. You wouldn't have to worry about the junk. You can pick up a used 2 Box for around $300. There is one for sale in that site that advertises with a yellow block at the top.Treasure Classifieds Forum Frank...
hand print-2_edited-6.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread