1885 V-Nickle

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey guys. This was my best find for last summer coin wise. It is a rare 1885 v-nickle. I know you won't be able to see much from the scan if anything. It is in really nice condition for being dug. I just left it dirty. It has a liberty in the headband but has that dark coating of black on it. It list for around 500.00 I think in good cond. Don't know what a dug one might bring that still has exceptional quality to it. Found it at an old picnic area witch had about 35 v-nickles total after hunting it. Gotta dig the trash though to get to them. Take care all HH Jeremy

Attachments

• 1885 V-nickle.jpg
    1885 V-nickle.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0
:) NICE FIND,WISH THE PIC, WAS BETTER.LOVE THE OLD NICKLES.I HAVE HEARD THAT NICKLES ARE THE MOST COLLECTED COIN.THAT IS THE JEFF NICKLE.HH

Thanks Jarman. When I pick up a digital camera I'll re-edit the pics in the future. I noticed a steady rise in nickles over the last year. The v-nickles have went up alot for some reason in the past year. Thanks again man take care.

I have found several Bufflalo and V nickels and the signal with XLT is broken and jumps around. I accept all vdi numbers from +95 - -29 Those nickelsare tricky

Here's mine!

Attachments

• 1885 V nickel.jpg
    1885 V nickel.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 317
Nice coin looks familar. I found alot of v-nickles last year. Close to 40 of them. Almost everyone is in rough condition to. I got real lucky because this one was found at the base of a tree and not alot of rain hit it. I also found a few 1888's and 1883's and almost have a complete set of them. All in all it was fun to discover a spot untouched were that nickle came from.

HH Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back