watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In early September, I began hunting this mid 19th-century church site and from my initial research, this site appeared to be a MDer's dream. . . it was old (for around where I live), at least 2-acres of lawn area to hunt, the parking area was still gravel and, it's only about 15-minutes away from my house. My first several hunts of the church lawn area produced about 5$ - 6$ dollars worth of clad in the 2" to 5" depth range. My only notable finds were some interesting relics plus a badge from the 1898 National Peace Jubilee (held in Chicago) that was found behind the parsonage house just east of the church itself.

Johns-0.jpg

Last night, on a whim, I installed a custom program in my XLT called "Berserker Light" that I found on the White's forum. . . so, because this program supposedly gets the "deep stuff", I was anxious to try it out on a site that I had already hunted previously. Since I had already cleaned out most of the aluminum tabs and can-slaw in my previous hunts (looking for gold :D :D), I went out to the church this afternoon to re-hunt some of the same lawn areas I had hunted previously so. . . here's what I found.

Johns-1.jpg

The funny thing about the 1906 LH, I had no clue what it was until I got home and gave it a bath :D.

HH!

Upvote 0
Now those are nice finds after covering the area before. Congrats. Did the signals sound different?
Burdie

watercolor said:
In early September, I began hunting this mid 19th-century church site and from my initial research, this site appeared to be a MDer's dream. . . it was old (for around where I live), at least 2-acres of lawn area to hunt, the parking area was still gravel and, it's only about 15-minutes away from my house. My first several hunts of the church lawn area produced about 5$ - 6$ dollars worth of clad in the 2" to 5" depth range. My only notable finds were some interesting relics plus a badge from the 1898 National Peace Jubilee (held in Chicago) that was found behind the parsonage house just east of the church itself.

Last night, on a whim, I installed a custom program in my XLT called "Berserker Light" that I found on the White's forum. . . so, because this program supposedly gets the "deep stuff", I was anxious to try it out on a site that I had already hunted previously. Since I had already cleaned out most of the aluminum tabs and can-slaw in my previous hunts (looking for gold :D :D), I went out to the church this afternoon to re-hunt some of the same lawn areas I had hunted previously so. . . here's what I found.

The funny thing about the 1906 LH, I had no clue what it was until I got home and gave it a bath :D.

HH!

i just put that program in, seems kinda confusing. the vdi's come up in decimals?? it seems very senstive.

Those are some excellent finds---That sounds like a very good spot to hunt.

halfdime said:
Nice finds; how deep were they?

The iron buckle and V nickel were found about 7 to 8-inches deep while the Merc and penny were maybe 4 or 5-inches deep (they were found fairly close to each other, maybe 9-inches apart).

Burdie said:
Now those are nice finds after covering the area before. Congrats. Did the signals sound different?
Burdie

The faint signals seemed to be fairly consistent tone-wise and were, for the most part, repeatable (different directions) unless my target was too close to iron or other metal trash.
(Burdie, thanks again for the CTH shirt, I received it yesterday ;D)

grasshopper said:
i just put that program in, seems kinda confusing. the vdi's come up in decimals?? it seems very senstive.

I was surprised by this too but it seems to work. . . Hopefully, I'll have some more time tomorrow to experiment further.

Take care everyone,
watercolor

Congrats on those silvers, WC! 8) Good luck tomorrow!!!

:)

Gotta love those v nickles. Hope you find lots more.
Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back