What's new

1893 Barber Half

ppratt

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
353
Reaction score
83
Golden Thread
0
Location
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
I cant remember if this was my first or not. But anyway I do remember this was a hard target to locate. It was deep and under a root. I was about to give up it was middle of summer and hot as can be. But it was worth it.
 

Attachments

  • 10.webp
    10.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 851
  • PA310200.webp
    PA310200.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 837
Upvote 0
When did you find this half? Great find, and did you get pics of it after you cleaned it? Have you cleaned it? If not, don't let
me influence you to do or not, one way or the other.
Good find!! Wish there were some of those over here in S. Korea, but here has its own surprises.
 
Found it about 15 years ago and I only was my coins with warm water. you can still see the dirt on the coin. I never clean my coins with anything but water. Lesson learned long ago. Only indian heads and roman coins a clean with olive oil.
 
Wow, that puppy is in great shape! I found one this year, a 1899. Congratulations
 
Thats in great condition :) nice find
 
nice half I found one 2 summers ago at the beach mine is an 1893 s mint
 
Very nice barber half in great condition. I'm so glad you didn't scratch it while getting it out from under that root! Nice! :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom