What's new

1893 Worlds Fair

rvrpilot

Full Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
146
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
I'm looking for information about these medals that I've had for probly 15 to 20 yrs stuffed
in a box in my closet,I know that they are from the Chicago Worlds Fair but what I don't know
is the rarity of them, They are commisioners medals and are made out of what looks to be
Black Hills gold. HH Rvrpilot
 

Attachments

  • worlds fair 002.webp
    worlds fair 002.webp
    65 KB · Views: 520
  • worlds fair 005.webp
    worlds fair 005.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 518
  • worlds fair 006.webp
    worlds fair 006.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 537
  • worlds fair 007.webp
    worlds fair 007.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 540
Surely they would be marked if they were 10kt gold. But the question is: Was Black Hills gold even popular back then? It hadn't been produced for that long, and probably in a very small amount. Just wondering. Where's the jewelerguy, he seems to know some history.
 
Upvote 0
these are fantastic! I've never seen any quite like them, as they appear to be pins/honorary awards for board members or organizers of the fair and exposition. Not sure from the pictures, but they do appear to be made of gold and have impressive jeweler quality etching and engraving. These look like antique roadshow type stuff to me and I feel they warrant further info from an expert. No doubt there are collectors out there who specialize in worlds fair objects. I think they could be worth a great deal of money to the right collector. Very cool stuff... please keep us informed :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
They are both from Jerseyville Ill. and the persons name is W.H.Fulkerson
Thanks so much for your replies! HH Rvrpilot
 
Upvote 0
They are both inscribed with the town of Jerseyville Ill. and Wm H. Fulkerson.
HH Rvrpilot
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom