scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Asked permission at an old looking house in my hometown, very small place, old foreign woman granted permission. I walked ten feet and got a solid hit with my V3i, dug about 6 inches deep and popped a 1895 indian head penny out! As I move a foot over and start again I get another hit, I hear something, and look up. Her husband walks up and ask me to leave b/c they are going somewhere. I asked if I could come back the next day, he hesitantly agreed. The next afternoon, when he suggested I return, I drove by and I'm pretty sure they had moved there car into the garage and had all the shades pulled down...What a bummer. I shall return.:munky2:

Upvote 0

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, but seems like maybe you should take a hint and find another spot. Just a suggestion.

OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes but I plan on asking again to gauge the peoples reaction, Maybe just maybe they really did have somewhere to go??? It looks like a rental anyhow, so if I get another no, I will just keep an eye on the place until they move on. I have a crap ton of other places to hunt where I live anyhow.

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes but I plan on asking again to gauge the peoples reaction, Maybe just maybe they really did have somewhere to go??? It looks like a rental anyhow, so if I get another no, I will just keep an eye on the place until they move on. I have a crap ton of other places to hunt where I live anyhow.

Sounds good, good luck!

detectingarizona

Feb 4, 2013
tempe, arizona, usa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter challenger, and Ace 250, gold nugget bucket!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did you go back yet? would be cool if you found a old coin spill, let us know, HH GL

OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
did you go back yet? would be cool if you found a old coin spill, let us know, HH GL

Oh yeah! Found a silver cross and my oldest coin to date. 1883 Indian. Planing to hit it again soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread