What's new

1897 Loeber Token Maker? Help to Identify

amyseekstreasure

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 19, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hi I purchased this at a yard sale and was told it is a token maker. The item is marked Loeber Mfg Co pat March 23 97, Clev O. Its all metal and you can see the mold inside for a token which I can't get a picture of. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you
 

Attachments

  • alexandgrammy 011.webp
    alexandgrammy 011.webp
    107.3 KB · Views: 423
  • alexandgrammy 012.webp
    alexandgrammy 012.webp
    73.6 KB · Views: 394
  • alexandgrammy 015.webp
    alexandgrammy 015.webp
    44.9 KB · Views: 394
  • alexandgrammy 061.webp
    alexandgrammy 061.webp
    98.1 KB · Views: 355
Throw a wad of aluminum foil in there, compress it and see what it makes...
Just a suggestion...
-whynot
 
Upvote 0
Could you take a picture of the patent? ...and something for size reference please.
 
Upvote 0
welcome to the t'net. it also helps if you make your picture size smaller on you camera before you take a picture. 600x400 is way easier to load. those are some good pictures though
 
Upvote 0
Hi Thank you - Im not sure how to make the pics smaller. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
amyseekstreasure said:
Hi Thank you - Im not sure how to make the pics smaller. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Right click on your picture,
Click on "save picture as", (it will save in files).
Right click on same pic in your files,
Click on "open with" Paint, Irfanview or whatever photo editting you have.
Resize and crop.
Click "save as" in your files.
patented unknown.webp

Please retake the third pic is blurry. thanks. :icon_thumright: We have a test forum where you can experiment posting. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,198.0.html You have an interesting 1897 patented item. Looking forward to helping you but I need the pic of the writing. thanks.
 
Upvote 0
Looking at it again, it could be the broom handle extension that was made into something else. :-\ The basic part and thumbscrew match. I just cant view the pics on my screen so is hard to visualize this thing.
 

Attachments

  • patented unknown2.webp
    patented unknown2.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0
Hello thank you so much for your help. You are right we figured out by unscrewing the screw the top part comes off the token maker part. Then the handle is the broom stick one I am putting pictures on to show you. I really appreciate all the input. Now I just have to figure out the token maker.
 
Upvote 0
amyseekstreasure said:
Hello thank you so much for your help. You are right we figured out by unscrewing the screw the top part comes off the token maker part. Then the handle is the broom stick one I am putting pictures on to show you. I really appreciate all the input. Now I just have to figure out the token maker.
Really? It was just a wild guess lol. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures. If the pic comes out blurry like your third pic posted, just steady the camera and take another.
 
Upvote 0
amyseekstreasure said:
Hello thank you so much for your help. You are right we figured out by unscrewing the screw the top part comes off the token maker part. Then the handle is the broom stick one I am putting pictures on to show you. I really appreciate all the input. Now I just have to figure out the token maker.

So this is actually TWO different items? A broom handle extension like shown in the patent....and a Token maker? Is there a "DIE" in the token maker part, and if so, can you take some playdough or putty and make an impression of the "DIE"?
 
Upvote 0
I did the play dough and got an imprint it reads on one side - PROPERTY OF MACHINE LOANED and the other side GOOD FOR ONE FREE GAME. Thank you for helping me figure out what these things are. :icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • aaa 026.webp
    aaa 026.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 0
amyseekstreasure said:
The writing says Loeber Mfg Co , Clev. O the other side says Pat Mar 23, 97.
ok thanks. Maybe someone stuck the token maker into the broom extension. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I dont understand how spring pressure could make a metal token and it doesnt look as if its hit by a hammer. It needs a press. Maybe something is missing.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom