18K ring, change & lure

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for about 2 hours a week or two back in my chest waders and found this 18K wedding band, 2.22 in change and a fishing lure. Ring was a 70 on the At/Pro. All clad coins including 1941 wheat penny in bad shape.
The washer rang up just like a ring, but it got my hopes up. Found lots of lead weights. I guess not being out since July affected my leg as I've been having to use my cane ever since and hope to hit the water at least 2 more times, but don't know if I will be able. Ring has trademark of G E and what looks like either a C or moon symbol Cleaned it up, but it had been in the water a long time, I believe. HH

ring, coins & lure 005 (Custom).jpgring, coins & lure 007 (Custom).jpgring, coins & lure 012 (Custom).jpgring, coins & lure 013 (Custom).jpg

Upvote 0
Nice save on the 18k, I think I've only found one this year...

Congrats ! Great find.

Maybe it was gold plated and the plating came off...18k ring shouldn't read 70 on the AT pro...Do you have acid to test?

Great finds, but I don't think 18Kt would go that color... Test that bugger.

I thought G.E. was Gold Electroplate?

Congratulations on the ring. Hope you find more.

Had a few minutes at the library and checked the trademark and it was gold electroplate. Disappointing, but sure enjoyed the thought of an 18K ring. My acid supplies need replacing.

Had a few minutes at the library and checked the trademark and it was gold electroplate. Disappointing, but sure enjoyed the thought of an 18K ring. My acid supplies need replacing.
Thanks for the update.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back