What's new

19 degrees today hunted anyway

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well even though it was cold I went due to needing some peace and quiet. I stayed 3 hours found some artifacts then it started to snow so I left. They were calling for sleet and snow so I didn't want to get caught out in that. It was a nice quick hunt, rock
The point is probably Late Woodland period.
 

Attachments

  • SDC10196.webp
    SDC10196.webp
    710.9 KB · Views: 152
  • SDC10198.webp
    SDC10198.webp
    293 KB · Views: 166
  • SDC10199.webp
    SDC10199.webp
    258 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0
Your hard core rock nice find .
 
That's a nice point. You appreciate it more when you had to suffer some to find it.
 
That's a nice little point! Sounds like ya'll are gonna get the snow we thought we would get but it moved on...don't know about you but I'm so done with Winter lol
 
Thanks I know the last 2 pieces aren't really worked artifacts but I have yet to know the type of stone the flakes are from. Looks like greenstone to me which hopefully means a Celt will turn up one day. Maybe the next time they turn the soil.
The point I believe is called a Coosa which dates 2000-1500 BP. That would put it to Woodland period. After flipping so many flakes and brokes it was a nice find.
 
That's a pretty one rock:icon_thumright:
 
That's a nice addition to just getting some quiet time. Kind of strange, but it seems that some of my best finds are on the days that I just need that stress relieving quiet time and something is just telling me to get away for a bit LOL!
 
Wont be going anytime soon after today. Snowed 2 inches then ice and now rain which will turn to ice over night. Hopefully it will melt off in a couple of days.
 

Attachments

  • SDC10204.webp
    SDC10204.webp
    526.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Nice point! I love the feeling of my hands warming up after hunting in sever cold! Lol!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom