What's new

19 shells and a nice rack!

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
1,861
Reaction score
83
Golden Thread
0
Location
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detected an area today that is on it's way to being developed. It's a shame, the woods are beautiful and there are many deer and other wildlife roaming the area. I saw at least 25 deer and tracks of Racoon, Herron and Coyote. After finding my 19th shell and an old milk jug I gave up and just explored the area because I know it will be gone soon. I found some shed antlers as well as a skull with a huge 11 point rack. :icon_pirat:
 

Attachments

  • shells.webp
    shells.webp
    19 KB · Views: 1,620
  • jug.webp
    jug.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,601
  • antlers 1.webp
    antlers 1.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,582
  • rack 2.webp
    rack 2.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,600
Upvote 0
Nice wall hangers.....if it aint your thing, some guys would pay decent money for a head like that.
 
jopher said:
Nice wall hangers.....if it aint your thing, some guys would pay decent money for a head like that.
What is "decent money"?
 
Probably not a high scoring rack, but it is uniform and has nice character....would make a great mount....?? Maybe $50 - $60....which may or may not be "decent " money to you....but....better than spent brass!
 
jopher said:
Probably not a high scoring rack, but it is uniform and has nice character....would make a great mount....?? Maybe $50 - $60....which may or may not be "decent " money to you....but....better than spent brass!
Just wondering, I think I will hang on to it!
 
You must try and get permission to hunt when they start construction, you have way too much history where you live. 1850's is the best we can do out here in Denver. Kudos.
Carl
 
SkyPirate said:
jopher said:
Probably not a high scoring rack, but it is uniform and has nice character....would make a great mount....?? Maybe $50 - $60....which may or may not be "decent " money to you....but....better than spent brass!
Just wondering, I think I will hang on to it!
As would I :icon_thumleft:
 
Hoffman is the name of the little community where we used to hunt.
Wasn't much there then but a couple of service stations and a fire dept.
 
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
You must try and get permission to hunt when they start construction, you have way too much history where you live. 1850's is the best we can do out here in Denver. Kudos.
Carl
You mean once they scrape up the dirt? :icon_scratch:
 
Cool finds! CONGRATS
 
The blanks reminded me of one day I spent at a local ghost town. Walked into a field where there was a cellar hole in the center of the field and started digging a mess of 7.62 & .223 blanks, same thing in another field across the street. Also found a spent smoke grenade in the cellar hole. The ghost town is on property maintained by the Army Corps of Engineers due to being flood control area. When I spoke to the ranger about what I had found he told me the National Guard has war games down in there from time to time.
 
Spooky said:
The ones on the bottom are 7.62 BLANKS...


:icon_scratch:
ditto That's what I thought also.
 
Nice finds and a great day out.
Too bad we're losing such nice areas on a regular basis.
Badger
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom