What's new

1905-s Barber Dime ~ silver ring ~ 7 wheat cents ~ clad

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello everyone!

I met up with Richard & Ron today down town to do some detecting for a few hours. Here's what I dug:

1905-S Barber Dime
7 wheats (dating from 1937 to 1947)
5 clad quarters
21 clad dimes
1 nickel
42 Memorial cents
Silver ring with blue rock

I took pic's of the Barber dime before and after I cleaned it up ~ but this time I didn't use the baking soda paste that I usually use on the common date Rosies & Merc's ~ I just ran it under hot water and gently rubbed the dirt off. Sometimes that baking soda scub cleans silver coins too shiny, and they don't look quite right especially if the coin is in low grade. This is my silver coin find #73 for the year.

I also took pic's of the silver ring before and after I cleaned it up. t's not marked 925 STERLING.

Thanks for looking!
Neil
 

Attachments

  • Oct10-2009ringDIRTY.webp
    Oct10-2009ringDIRTY.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 440
  • Oct10-2009ringCLEAN.webp
    Oct10-2009ringCLEAN.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 446
  • Oct10-2009barberDIMEdirty.webp
    Oct10-2009barberDIMEdirty.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 443
  • Oct10-2009barberDIMEobv.webp
    Oct10-2009barberDIMEobv.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 450
  • Oct10-2009barberDIMErev.webp
    Oct10-2009barberDIMErev.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 460
Upvote 0
That's a few hours well spent! OC!!!
 
Had a great time today Neil and congratulations on
that 1905-s Barber dime. It cleaned up nice and looks
good. The silver ring was a good find too.... wish it would
have been marked. :thumbsup:
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
nice finds congrats maybe we can do again tomorrow HHR :icon_pirat:
 
Nice find on the Barber. :icon_thumright:
 
Congrats on the Barber, Sweet! :thumbsup: I think I've cleaned only about 4 of my mercs
​
I think that light grey kind of tarnish looks cool(antiqued), but if you don't clean you
​
can't go wrong.

Good luck,
HH.
 
Congrats on the barber.
 
BandB1 said:
Congrats on the Barber, Sweet! :thumbsup: I think I've cleaned only about 4 of my mercs
​
I think that light grey kind of tarnish looks cool(antiqued), but if you don't clean you
​
can't go wrong.

Good luck,
HH.

Thanks man!

Yeah, that "natural" gray looks good if its nice and even and not spotty. Some of the silver coins look spotty when you dig 'em. The common date ones I'll just use a baking soda and water paste to clean 'em up. I'd never do that to a rare or key date coin.

8^)
 
Congrats on those sweet finds OC :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom