What's new

1908s. Indian head cent. - green patina

azmetaldetector

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
374
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites MXT Pro
Would like opinions. I believe I found a 1908 s Indian head cent. However the Green patina is thick enough that I can't be 100% sure. What are your thoughts about whether I should clean it any more than I have which was just toothbrush and soap. Should I send it in for cleaning.
 
Don't send it in to NCS( sister company of NGC) THEY WILL RETURN A BURNT COPPER SLUG THAT USED TO BE A COIN!! They have no idea how to conserve a copper coin.. Destroyed a 1877 Indian head..
 
can you post up a good clear macro shot? I have never seen patina so thick that would prevent seeing the mintmark. Is it patina or green crust?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom