1910-S Double Eagle Question

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an opportunity to buy the coin pictured for $1,300. Is that a good price for it? Its graded by NGC at MS-62. Thanks in advance. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460482238.538399.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460482257.070579.jpg

Assuming it's genuine......that price is about $300 undervalued.

I checked the serial number on NGC's website and everything seem good. I'm going to purchase it tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

Good luck - if real, it's a good buy.

I did buy it with hopes of turning a profit quickly. After shopping around to buyers in my area, I sold it for the $1300 I paid. I thought I could turn it around for a few bucks and my wife didn't want to tie up $1300. So I broke even which is ok with me, and her.

Too bad about the profit. A little while back I had some graded gold coins to sell but the coin shops in my area basically offered around melt for most of them or weren't even interested. Most of my coins were slabbed and graded, but with common dates and grades that were high AU or low MS they did not generate a premium. That was understandable, but one coin did command a premium based on the research I did, but the dealers wouldn't pay it.

I ended up trading with a local part-time dealer for "raw" common gold coins in an amount that added up to a fair, premium value on my coins. I then sold the raw coins to an online dealer. A roundabout way to make a profit on the coins, but it worked. Another alternative is to go to a major coin show and offer your coins to a bunch of dealers until you find a price you like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back